Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Discounting The Consensus

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Consensus, perspective, tradition, WTF is this a prep school English class?

Ok, my sardonic perspective is vented, but the rest is simply 'find something you like' for me as I casually observe the cars I'm exposed to. I usually can no matter how cliche' or out of bounds it may be. I wouldn't call this car a cliche' and I'm glad it isn't Washington Blue with a red gut and wheels. I dig the motor, and so glad it's a column shift and utilized a 47 steering wheel vs the gratuitous 40. All good stuff.

Sorry you've been in a funk chief. You're right on your thoughts about it and lifting out of it too. It begs the question though, what else could be consensus in 'our' world? A chopped 49-51 Merc? A perfectly period dressed SBC? A quick change? Yes, certain things show up because they work, like the roadster here as with so much other imagery/parts/colors. Me? I'd probably have cream wheels and a rawhide interior just because I'm not all in when it comes to consensus. It appears Nick really isn't either. At least to me...

Automotive Stud likes this.