Register now to get rid of these ads!

Disc brake question for Chevy Impala Gurus....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Radshit

Radshit

I need to know if you can swap in 71 Chevelle spindles and brakes into a 67 Impala. Are the ball joints the same, close enough or do you need to swap out the ball joints altogether?

I know Impala's are considered full size and the Chevelle's are intermediate, would that be a problem for the disc brakes?.....Thanks

2. Radshit, I think the problem is the spindle height, and possibly also the ball joints are different. For sure the full size has a taller spindle, so putting the short Chevelle spindle on will cause some very strange alignment issues. Maybe you would have more luck swapping an early 70's Impala disc set-up on? I am not familiar enough with that to say if it would work.

3. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

rad. give me a call i think i can fix you up with a complete set up. 800-798-2581 8.00 to 5.30

5. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

You selling my brakes off that 68 wagon Flt-Top?

6. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i'm trying, but i think i have another set if your are ready.

7. sawzall

sawzall

radshit
    I know the "trick" is to get a spindle and disk brake assembly off of a later IMPALA like a 70. or so.

oh your gonna need the rotors, mastercyl and booster and the prop valve as well.

good luck

sawzall