Register now to get rid of these ads!

Disc Brake Conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fomoco1955, Jun 13, 2011.

1. fomoco1955

fomoco1955
    from socal

Looking for a front disc brake conversion kit for a 55 fairlane. Any ideas?

2. stlrider

stlrider

Go to Scarebird.com they have the brackets to bolt up a set of disc cheap.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 on Scarebird, if they have them. They make all the work easy.

4. Dead End Sleds

Dead End Sleds

I went with Braketech Solutions for my '54 Chevy. They were helpful and friendly to deal with. May be a little pricey, but easy to install, even for a dummy like me. I see they have kits for your car.

5. I did braketech solutions for my 55 fairlane. They were really helpful over the phone.

6. fomoco1955

fomoco1955
    from socal

Thanks will check it out.

7. hotrod428

hotrod428

I sell a kit for your car #FB3 check my website
    hotrodsandbrakes.com

8. ButchsCoolStuff

ButchsCoolStuff

"ECI" from Conneticut has a nice kit that uses Ford Granada/Monarch Rotors and Camaro Calipers that is priced reasonable. We have used these ourselves and sell them thru our shop and have had no problems with them. Hope I have helped, Butch

9. Erwin

Erwin

Have late 70's Granada on my '58. Had outside diameter of bearing retainer area (part that pokes through center of the wheel rim) milled under a bit. Back then, I found some '65 Fairlane wheelrims in the boneyard. They inboard crosscar a bit more than stock '57 Ford rims;result? attractive stock front track width is retained. Get my cake & eat it too. Oh yeah, had to grind caliper a bit for the Fairlane rims.

10. You might want to join the 52-56 Ford group here. There are several threads about disc brakes there. I'm personally using 72 LTD front discs on my 56, I got them for less than $100 at a local pick a part. I did have to use the LTD wheels to clear the hub.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=332

11. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

hell had to build my own... Id try out these sites mentioned I used one from Scarebirds I think on a 58 fairlane and was a 1hr install start to finish...