Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dillon Radiators

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by broderchamp, Oct 1, 2013.

1. broderchamp

broderchamp

Anyone ever used a Dillon radiator? I'm looking for a radiator to cool my 331 Hemi. I have an old radiator that I might recore. The cost is around $650.00. I was told to look at Dillon radiators. They have a radiator that would work for around $250 incuding the shipping. It is a two tube core with one inch tube. I don't want to have any cooling problems.

2. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Are Dillon American made is what I would find out....

Putting an American made Superior radiator in my COE now, see post 74 for links.

US Radiator with formed OE style tanks will get the nod for the Dart, where appearance and quality are more important.

;)

3. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Purchased some stuff from him.Seems to be ok.Never was able to find out if they make it or its imported.Had a hard time getting ahold of him when I called.Talked to him at btt50's was pretty helpful.

4. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Have freind who bought a 250.00 aluminum two row radiator in stead of spending the 600 plus. He had overheating problems with the two core design and has had trouble getting his money back. Bought it off Evilbay. So be careful.

5. luckystiff

luckystiff

I don't think the overheating had anything to do with 1" 2 core design but more likely it's one of the cheaper produced(likely overseas) units.

We sell PRC and they are 2 core 1" but are furnace brazed, NO EPOXY. We have yet to see one come back because it wasn't getting the job done.

If PRC doesn't have specs on file for the unit you need they can custom build to you specs no problem. Great bunch of folks to work with and 100% USA made. let me know if I can help in any way...ken....

6. goodturn

goodturn

I bought a Dillon rad at the Zephyrhills swap meet for $299. It's for a 39 Ford, and I run it in my 48 Thames nostalgia drag car. I called them when I was having over heating problems and they were helpful with information. I thought that they were USA manufactured, but I don't know now that it's been questioned.

7. plaintoast

plaintoast
    from mora

i have a dillon rad in my hot rod, i used the 32 lowboy model and it keeps a pretty warmed over tunnel rammed 350 as cool as i want it to be.
    the two row design is a carryover from many circle track designs and works great.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  8. goodturn

goodturn

Did you check their web site. They state that "most of our high performance radiators are built in the USA".