Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dilemma of Southern California Vacation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead_brent, Sep 8, 2013.

1. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Ok guys I need your help, I will be at Disneyland with the family October 18th to the 21st, and don't have to much free time for myself to do Hot Rod stuff.

So here is the dilemma... We will be passing through Bakersfield on Friday and Friday is my day I have a few hours to spend doing hot rod stuff. That is the same weekend as Hot Rod Reunion. And something I've always wanted to do is the Wally Parks Museum. I've been to Peterson last year and it was cool.

So, if you had just a few hours to spend, would you go to The Hot Rod reunion for the afternoon on Friday or would you go to the NHRA museum?! I can't do both, not enough time!

Any idea if the Customs display is still at the museum?

Thanks for any advice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Both are great but. I would go to see the actual drag racing at the FAMOSO track.

3. 59 brook

59 brook

I agree both are great and the reunion was incredible also as it was living breathing history not just a static display

4. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Bakersfield for sure! You'll be glad you did.

5. bt34

bt34

Bakersfield, see the living....Museum will still be there next time.

6. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Ive been to the HHR multiple times.....wouldnt hesitate to go again

7. The Hot Rod Reunion is my favorite event of the year, followed by the March Meet, the GNRS, the LA Roadster Show, and SEMA.

SoCal has it's share of BS you've got to deal with, but we are absolutely spoiled for bitchin' car events.

8. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Well that was an easy decision! Thanks guys, I only live about 6 hours from Pomona and I'm thinking of planning a trip to the GNRS so I can do the museum then!

One question is, will there be a lot going on at The Reunion on a Friday afternoon?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Not only will there be alot happening Friday afternoon but there is a huge party at the Doubletree hotel at the end of Fridays activitys

10. 59 brook

59 brook

attend the banquet at the hotel the story telling was incredible