Register now to get rid of these ads!

Diggin' a 36 Humpback...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Excuse the hiccup: This post is actually from jive-bomber, but due to some technical issues this morning my user account is getting the credit.

[​IMG]

I'm not usually one to talk about cars on our classifieds page, but I couldn't help but take notice of a certain body style that I never would have considered: Thee Inland Emperor Chris listed Len's 1936 Ford Humpback sedan. For closed 36's, I... <BR><BR>To read the rest of this blog entry from The Jalopy Journal, click here.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I don't think you could go wrong with any 36!!!! That's a nice car!

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

I agree. Any '36 would work for me. Rad car!

4. flamingokid

flamingokid

Works for me,tastefully done.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Ford called these Tudor Touring Sedans to go with their brothers the Fordor Touring Sedans.

6. sololobo

sololobo

I get that dizzy sensation from this ride at first glance, the unusual, "bustle back" is very charming and unique to me. Everything about this car is surely a lesson in tasty restraint, not an easy task for builds, people try to do to much sometimes and miss the boat. Thanx for highlighting this sweet 36 fFord. ~sololobo~

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I almost offer him a '33 3window for it I liked it so much!!! Those back seats are looking better and better now that I have a boy! Those Inland Emperor fellers have impeccable taste (in cars, other wise they're kind of gross :D) and this car is a perfect example. That engine bay is all types of rad.

8. I've been diggin' on that car since it first appeared in the classifieds.

If I wasn't about to get started on the deuce, I'd be all over that car!

9. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Have you ever known him to have anything that wasnt really cool?

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Beautiful car, very nicely done.

11. I looked at it several times. The car has a regal and sophisticated air to it. Very nice, very nice. And a 21-stud to boot. :cool:

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Having seen it in person, that is one sweet ride.
    [​IMG]
    Taken at the East-West No overheads run last fall.
    [​IMG]

13. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I know my dad and I drooled over it anytime we saw it. Its an incredible car in person. We were sad to see len put it up for sale. It was worth every penny he got for it. Sam

14. Like you I am more of a coupe type of a guy, but there has always been something about a bustle trunk that does it for me. I always makes me thing I should own a tommy gun and one of those hats.

That is a real nice sedan hope it went to a good home.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

36 Touring sedan. I had one 30 years ago with a 55 265 and an adapter.

Believe it or not there is a hell of a lot of room under that trunk lid. We could get a good sized cooler in there and everything for a weekend rod run for 2 adults and a toddler. We used a crib mattress on the rear seat to give my son a comfy place for a nap and no danger of a mishap. It fit snuggly from the rear seat back rest to the rear of the front seats. He could flop all over the place and not get hurt. He had his own padded room.:D

Lots of good memories in that car.

16. 36tbird

36tbird

The trunks are indeed deceptively big. I put 16 plow discs in mine once. Why you ask? Well, we used them as bases for the signs that showed the different classes for the Texas Early Ford V-8 Tour we hosted a couple of years back. Add the benefits of the leg room in the back seat and that was one comfortable car.

17. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Well, I'm going to have to take the other side on this. It's a nice car, but the hump/bustle back have never interested me.

18. WOW! Thanks for the responce guys! Len took a nice older resto on a less then common body style and made it a super nice looking car that really goes down the road! He is selling it to get a car he has always wanted...more on that later :D

Car sold a few days ago, going to Austalia!

19. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Personal knowledge..............it's a great little Humpy!

20. I want to see what he is buying!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Maybe he's buying one of Chris' projects (RR) that he doesn't need anymore.:D

22. This Len character sounds to tasteful for that.

23. Lenny can't afford my shit

24. ...And yes, most eveyone is

25. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

I think it's a great looking car.I've had my eye on a 38 that looks a lot like it,a few differences( trunk lid, head lights ,hood but same body lines)all I need to do is come up with the right amount of money.

26. lazyv8

lazyv8

always loved 36 tudor trunkbacks!! and loved this one since the first time i saw a picture of it.. and jay..those are not chromed artillery wheels they are fords ascesory "spider hubcaps" they are actually stainless,unlike the stock caps that stop shy of the webbed part of the wide five wheel the spiders cover the whole web and all.. then you run a trim ring.ford produced them from 36-39 .

27. F&J

F&J

in 1975 I flipped a rusty complete 36 humpback conv sedan to earn the last $500 I needed for my first house down payment. I thought it was very cool as it had the Pines trim on the nose and a smooth hood ornament. Never owned a 36 since then...

I can still recall a rod magazine calling any 36 Ford an "ugly duckling" back then. WTH

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I've been eyeing it as well. Super nice car. I wish we had kept our tudor slantback.

29. muddman355

muddman355
    from sydney

Hi guys,
    Just like to say what a great article,makes me feel priveledged to say the car is coming down under to Oz, as I'm the new owner of this fine car. Len has done well with this car, hope I can continue to keep up it's fine appearance! Plenty of miles will be done with the car and my family, always been a 32 man but I too fell in love with this car. Anyhow thanks again chris and Len. Glad I became a member of H.A.M.B.
    Cheers from down under

30. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats on the '36, looks like a great car. Where in Sydney are you ?
    Cheers Dago.