Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did YOU get your copy of the HAMB Drags tape??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, Sep 6, 2003.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you didn't, you need to. Everything from Abones broken throttle cable to Ryans defeat at the hands of the 'ol man's fast ass import.

And how about the Bomb Factory squareing off against Gordini's Garage? Need I even mention the Drag-N-Fly??!! Don't forget Denise blazing the hides to half track. All this and more could be yours....

No shit...it was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Big batch of hot rods bangin side by side down the quarter mile.

It's a bit like watchin the Zabruter film (JFK) except for more burn outs.

Fork over your 10 bucks and check it out. -Abone.

2. Yea... no shit... it is pretty cool... the first few minutes are as if they gave it to the old folks home to tape... shakin' back and forth and shit... but then once Lil' Frank found a post he could set the camera on... it got REAL good. [​IMG]

I especially liked it when you smoked the guy with the blown sedan and he smoked his tires down past the eighth mile! And the Rocky vs. Tuck runs were great... as well as all the other stuff... also, watch the second run I made... it's hard to tell from the video... but the car went towards the guard rail HARD! It was the first run ever launching the car at 4000rpm... you'll see the launch, then my hand go down to the shifter and then see it come back up and start to steer the car... all in 1.5 seconds (all by the 60 foot)... anyway... SBCDrag's sling shot was also unbelievable... to watch it kick it on the top end... and then all the trips made by the Kontinental boys... so... if you don't have it... GET IT!
    Sam.

3. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]
    Yea... no shit... it is pretty cool... the first few minutes are as if they gave it to the old folks home to tape... shakin' back and forth and shit... but then once Lil' Frank found a post he could set the camera on... it got REAL good. [​IMG]
    Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first couple of minutes were shot on friday night from about half track with nothing but my hands to steady the camera. Once you start zooming without a tripod the camera gets shaky quick. On Saturday I setup the tripod and worked off that all day.

4. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yea... no shit... it is pretty cool... the first few minutes are as if they gave it to the old folks home to tape... shakin' back and forth and shit... but then once Lil' Frank found a post he could set the camera on... it got REAL good. [​IMG]
    Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first couple of minutes were shot on friday night from about half track with nothing but my hands to steady the camera. Once you start zooming without a tripod the camera gets shaky quick. On Saturday I setup the tripod and worked off that all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bull shit Frank... I saw some old guy with the camera on Friday night with a "Greenfields Old Folks Home" T shirt on. [​IMG]

Really though, the video was tops... as soon as I got home and started watching it... 38Chevy454 came over and we noted how it was mesmerizing to see it all over again... you did a great job!
    Sam.

5. slingshot

slingshot

Hey guys, I just got mine today, and I haven't been able to see it yet. I guess I'll take a break and see it in about two minutes. Every time I tape anything I know what a shaky picture is about. I also have a stock of really good "reasons" why.
    I had a really great time at the drags. I hope when it's time for the 2nd edition, there is a weekend open in the spring.

6. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

ONE WORD
    bitchin !
    now fork over the 14 bones and get yer copy today!
    wagon wars, big olds crusers rippin down the track , i even saw a mini bike against a person man VS machine !rambler wars til breakage .and i did not get a chance ta watch the whole thing yet - YET .THANKS ! [​IMG]

7. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

[ QUOTE ]
    Bull shit Frank... I saw some old guy with the camera on Friday night with a "Greenfields Old Folks Home" T shirt on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been enjenjo when I wasn't looking then

[ QUOTE ]
    Really though, the video was tops... as soon as I got home and started watching it... 38Chevy454 came over and we noted how it was mesmerizing to see it all over again... you did a great job!
    Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I am glad that everyone is happy with the coverage. It is not what I wanted to get but was the best I could do with the equipment I have.