Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Did you drive your hot rod or custom this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 31, 2019.

1. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

FD5F40D5-004E-4AE2-9552-55A2BC0CE514.jpeg Yep, drove to Cars and Coffee. Been driving it all week. The speedo turned over 15000 miles on Wednesday. Yes that’s my shadow.

tinsled, dwollam, MO_JUNK and 8 others like this.
  2. Yup, out Sat and Sunday. Lots of snow still laying around but the streets are mostly bare and dry. Cool out though. Windows down and heater on. :cool:

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I wish I did have the opportunity, damn gremlins! :mad: I replaced electric fuel pump which I thought had failed, installed new plugs, rotor and cap, module and still a no go. Pulled the new pump and reinstalled the old pump and got fuel pressure at the engine when I cranked it over but it's still not firing. Even if I got it going it was pouring rain, open car or not I was going to drive it irrespective. In the end I walked away, I'll check for spark another day when I'm in a better state of mind.:D

On another note a friend pulled his fresh SBC in his 34 PU due to a leaking RMS, while he was at it he finally took out his hi-stall convertor to replace it with a more subtle street version. It had way too much slip around town, the engine and convertor should be back in where they should be in a few days.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First day for shorts yesterday! In the morning I parked the 40 in my backyard so we could see it to our Morning coffee.. Then we spent the day cruising and visiting friends and family and came home at dawn.... What a perfect day! Glad winter is over now!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

cederholm, tinsled, BigO and 12 others like this.
  5. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

3CF38AA7-5EFD-41DD-8B5A-C7B8493B18C1.jpeg Yes , Drive pretty much 3-4 times week , drove to local hangout around 40 miles away Saturday , was leaving a young 20s Female stop me asked if I would drive Her & soon to be husband From the church to banquet hall (about 4 miles ) in mid April , I told her this is not the car to get in/out in a white dress (there is really no interior smells of gas burn out smoke/rubber , its a Drag Hot Rod , I told her I will contac a few others I know with 40s cars , another guy there brought up my 32 sedan but Im in the process of taking it apart , but it's not too far to make runnable Again ,

tinsled, BigO, dwollam and 9 others like this.
  6. Lil32

Lil32

took mine for a battery charge

ETba12_1894_p.jpg

BigO, dwollam, Lorenzini and 11 others like this.
  7. 54 Merc left side.jpg Yep I did, the 54 Merc got delivered Thursday evening, drove it down to the tag office Friday to transfer title. Then a little 75 mile putt just to really check it out.
    As I'm pullin into my driveway I notice a newer Chevy pick up follow me down the drive. ??? What the hell did I do I'm thinkin. Guy gets out say "Beautiful Merc" He ask's "Is it 4 sale". I said could be.
    Long story short -- sold it! for a heafty profit.
    Owned it less than 24 hrs. Oh well, on the hunt for sumthin else to put in da barn with my 32's again

Dick Stevens, BigO, MO_JUNK and 13 others like this.
  8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

^^^^ :cool::cool::cool:. You're obviously not yet suffering from separation anxiety :D:D

9. Yes I did. Friday and Saturday. I planned on driving it to church yesterday too. But it was drizzling rain in the morning. The only pictures I took was on Friday. I met my friend Timmy for lunch. Also I spotted this 56 Chevy. I went to the front door, but no one was home. I still had to snap a couple pictures.:rolleyes: Lol Ron..... 20190330_183411.jpeg Resized_20190330_172933.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

47ragtop, dwollam, MO_JUNK and 9 others like this.
  10. Short drive on Sunday. Long enough to realize all the work I did on Saturday didnt solve any of my problems and it will require way more work...LOL. Then I sat back with a bourbon and a cigar and ordered more parts....
    Chappy

11. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Drove the 37 sedan 100+ miles to the VSRA weekend event at the Garlits Museum in Ocala. Perfect weather. First drive of the year for most guys here in FL is probably New Years Day. :)

12. Nope, Nada,

13. ...........Separation anxiety cure....... money-shovel-studio-photography-american-moneys-hundred-dollar-39571081.jpg

i.rant, 47ragtop, Tim and 3 others like this.
  14. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Nope. Too many other things going on. And besides, still waiting on some parts from Mac's.....

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Dash at night.jpg Yes we did, even with light snow flurries that never amounted to much, Saturday and Sunday tripsfor a total of ~75 miles. Glad to have winter in the rear view mirror

tinsled, MO_JUNK, bobss396 and 4 others like this.
  16. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Drove the 48 to Fuel up and charge the Battery a bit , short trip , but good to be out between storms , more rain , snow forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow too. another storm on the way for the upcoming weekend. IMG_0358.JPG

dwollam, MO_JUNK, hfh and 8 others like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No photo, Donut Derilicks on Saturday morning( probably on Danovision) and the to Elks Lodge HB 1959 for clean up day.

18. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Had A Nice Drive Around The Valley And No Olde Jalopys Were To Be Seen... DSCN1957.JPG

tinsled, i.rant, 47ragtop and 11 others like this.
  19. Drove the coupe a little for first time this year with the new roll cage on saturday afternoon. She runs great, now need gas LOL. :D WIN_20190327_17_37_11_Pro.jpg WIN_20190327_17_39_02_Pro.jpg

dwollam, MO_JUNK, Lorenzini and 7 others like this.
  20. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

We had two sunny days in a row! Drove my ‘51 on Saturday and my ‘53 Dodge panel on Sunday to haul a tree for my son. Now back to clouds and rain.

21. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

That's an annual event for us too. As long as it's not raining, which is rare.

22. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Dang, how do you get in or out of that?

23. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

The wife & I took the 47 coupe to church. It was warm enough out that I realized I need to tune up the a/c system. The wife was complaining about it smelling "gassy", not sure what that means. I think I detected maybe some exhaust fumes. I tweaked the idle mixture screws a little after we got home, and that did smooth out the idle a little. I think I'll take it to a muffler shop and have them check it out, see if they find any leaks that need to be fixed.

24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nope. Walked by mine a few times to get to the toolboxes, even took the ends off of a AN line to reuse on a longer line for it, but an OT Ranger, OT semi truck, and the OT riding mower filled my Saturday up.

25. Not my Hamb friendly car(it's not road worthy), but the o/t was out & about.
    There is still lots of gravel on the roads still but I couldn't resist.
    The weather dinks are forecasting snow for tonight, hopefully they will be wrong.

26. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Just because of you guys , drove it to lunch today ( snow sat and sun in Indiana) . nice today!! 49home.jpg

LOWDUG37, tinsled, i.rant and 14 others like this.
  27. Our country is trying to make it so it's impossible to enjoy driving our cars,today is the first day of Carbon Tax.
    $1.40+/ liter for premium fuel to start with, thats about .06-.10 cents more per liter to pay for big business pollution.
    WTF?

28. Quick release steering wheel, its not bad at all. And I am 6ft. A over eater may have trouble.;)

Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER and Blues4U like this.
  29. Ya, I filled mine up yesterday but that only avoids the tax for 1 tankful. Screw it, I'm going to drive anyway !! :mad:

30. Yeah, I will still drive my toys.
    Just wish I could drive my daily up Justin Trudeau's ass!