Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you abuse your parents cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2008.

1. S.F.

S.F.

How did you survive that!

2. HELL YES! In the mid '80's I top speed tested my Dads Maxima wagon. I actually hit 90 MPH, often. My bro took my moms Lincoln out on the Calabasa golf course one night. I raced my dads 240Z in the canyons whenever I could. And his Lincoln LSC.

3. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

We had a 51 Mecury 4 door I knocked out reverse trying to start it by rolling backwards and didn't tell any body, my mother raised hell with the guy they bought the car from thinking it was bad from the start and he fixed it for free and saved my ass ...the back seat in that car was as large as a motel room...

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, that would be me.
    I was 35 the first time one of my parents let me drive their cars. (Hell, they made me buy the car I was meant to inherit!) I have a great driving record to, never even damaged a car on the street. (Had a couple of racing accidents, though in race cars on a race track) Even had my emergency vehicle license (Ambulance) which is VERY hard to get here in Australia.
    I dont know why, maybe I respect my mates too much but even when I borrowed their cars I couldn't do it. I bought an old XD that has some serious go in it off a mate. But even before that when driving his drunk ass home and he told me to give it heaps I couldn't do it, not my car!
    I have however thrashed the hell out of some of my own cars!
    Doc.

5. Oh yeah! Thrashed my dad's 59 Galaxie with a 332 (a real dog), blew a rod out the side of the 292 in my mom's 59 wagon and finally fried the tranny in her replacement '66 Ford, 352 4V with a C-4. Young and dumb, just glad no one got hurt by all my foolishness. Also real glad that my kids weren't quite as bad as I was...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. I gave my parents' cars the most unmerciful beating I could muster out of my cold, blackened, evil 16-year-old soul. I basically used their cars as battering rams to take out revenge on things I hated. I had some issues as a youngin'.

8. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

no but i did my brothers when he would go out of town!!!!!!

9. l m a o

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Sad to say I totaled my fathers truck in high school .At least the lady who hit me did .My 2 cents

11. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

I was in high school 80-81, when my mom bought one of the first Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo's, prior to the Grand National. She had to take it in for some warranty work and they gave her a super clean early 70's Buick Skylark with a 455 in it. HOLY SHIT I could not believe the torque that thing had. I took it to school one day and at noon me and a few friends were screwing around in the parking lot and I was doing smoky burn outs in it. This went on for nearly an hour. When i was done there was absolutely no tread left on the tires. I freaked out and took the car home and swapped the backs for the fronts. She turned the car in a few days later and I never heard a word about it. Damn that was a fast car.

12. shoveled71

shoveled71

In the early 70s dad had a 69 Merc. Marquis with a 429 in it, I was 16 and thought I was hell on wheel, me and a some friends went on a road out of town, would go in reverse about 10 mph put it in neautral wind it up and pull it into park, speedo would read over 100 and the car would be boiling the tires off,layed rubber 13 white lines on the highway twice before my friend noticed the the rear tire, you could see the cords hanging out, not a tread left on that tire, dad noticed it as soon as he got home from work, no more driving for me and had to buy him a new tire. Spike

13. I was spinning doughnuts in the mall parking lot in the winter of 1980 in my Mom's '72 Buick Skylark (350 2bbl) when the "lot Patrol" thought I should stop. Well, the chase started around the islands and down between the buildings. I finnaly ran out onto the side steet and lost him in the winter Tule Fog. I figured a rent-a-cop couldn't do anything to me, sure couldn't catch me. ;-) My Mom could never figure out why the right rear tire wore out faster than the rest.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. parksquijada

parksquijada
    from norcal

my stepdad used to beat me and my brother and sister with a wire coathanger pretty much everyday for playing in the house or making too much noise and stuff. i think we were 8-9-11. one day in 1957 he bought a brand new 1957 plymouth stationwagon from Yeakel plym. in compton. cal. when we got home i stayed in the car and kept punching in the the cigarette lighter and melted about 200 holes into the vinyl front seat cover. man that was fun! got the best beating ever, but boy it was worth it!

15. Hm so many stories..... I drove my parents brand new at the time 40k 1997 suburban around the house doing donuts once, this was when I was 14 years old. Step mom got a 1998 supercharged Buick Rivera that I found out real quick the governor kicks in at 118mph was 16 then. Pops got a 1999 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 and used a hyper tech tuner on it to supe it up, found out that one went beyond the 120mph on the speedo and man was that a wild ride. Truck was also great at jumping intersection gaps, and spinning donuts. Once had to designated drive a friends piece of shit Daewoo to get food for the homies, that is the most air I have ever caught at over 100mph. We all were laughing our asses off but I was more curious as to how we survived the jump and kept going.

I have since grown up a bit and realized that there are times and places to drive outside the norm and be safer about it. Now my pops has a Chevrolet SSR and he has talked about leaveing it to me when he passes. I said to him, "Pops I would much rather have you around then take the chance of joining you prematurely."-Weeks

16. My parents let me trash the hell out of their cars (company owned vehicle)
    When I was old enough I brought a 1969 VW type 3 notch. I worked all summer in a factory to save up enough money to build up a hot motor. After installing the worked over engine my father was running in the cam while I was tidying up the tolls. What I saw next shocked me as my father reversed the car out of the driveway and dropped the biggest burn out I had ever seen the car ever do. Pay back was a lot worse than any thing I’d experienced in my life

17. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

My Dad abused his parents' cars and I abused his cars. It was tradition...

18. cretin

cretin

My parents used to have a way O/T vehicle. It was a Mazda MPV mini van, that was indestructable. I used to hit trash cans, jump it, and back over trees. We had just over 200,000 miles on it and only had to replace the radiator. When they wanted to get rid of it they wouldn't sell it to me. The only cool mini van ever. I miss it. Also the first vehicle I ever had sex in.

19. no55mad

no55mad

Put the family 56 Olds in the ditch twice. Once, hit the gas to fish tail on black ice on the freeway in Holland Mi = into the snowy ditch. Smelled burning rubber, crawled out the window because the snow was too deep to get the doors open, opened the hood and the fan was not turning because of the snow packed under the hood. Once did 2 360's on iced back road with my 'parking partner', in the same car, and it stayed on the road. Also was fish tailing in our 48 Dodge on the long pine tree lined driveway and dead centered the front bumper on a pine with my dad watching out the window of the house. My buddy used to remove the air cleaner on his dad's 65 455 Olds for that sucking sound and one time dropped the wing nut down the carb. It made it to the intake valve and stuck it open.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  20. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Do stains on the seat and foot prints on the headline count. How can you grow up with out a drive inn theater?

21. charkol

charkol

I drove their cars pretty hard :D 1991 astro mini van the shocks were shot in the back so i would drop it in first and get it bouncin' everyone swore i had hydraulics on it could get the tires about a foot off the ground:cool: one time haulin ass down a gravel road put a rock threw the muffler i replaced about three of those on that van .... but i did fix everything i screwed up on it on

22. I totalled my Dad's 1960 Falcon when a 1964 Ford Galaxie hit me Boardside. That was going to be my graduation present. Instead I got a watch.
    George

23. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

I didnt abuse my parents car. But I had a non registerd race car and would take the plates from my dads car to go street racing. The best part was when I was stopped at a light and when it changed, I drove and the car in front didnt:eek:. That took some explaining.:D

24. hupster

hupster
    from california

Nope. Bought my first car (53 Ford coupe) with money from my paper route when I was 15. Had fixed the bad things and had painted it by the time I was 16 and could drive it legally. On occasion my folks actually borrowed my car. I don't think they abused it.

25. 1960 Shark

1960 Shark

Me and my high school girlfrind abused the back seat of my fathers 66 Ford Galaxie at the local drive in theatre.

And for kicks I used to cruise down main street at about 35 mph, put it in neutral , floor it, than slam it into drive to see block long burnouts.Untill I crashed it one day..

26. It just shows how smart my parents really were.... dad bought me a 55 Chev the day I got my license, it was an old cab and had a powerglide with just low and reverse. couldn't get the thing over about 35 miles an hour with that old tired 6 cyl. They NEVER let me drive their own vehicle without my dad or mom in the car till I was much older. Did the same with my kids... bought safe, slow beaters for them and waited till they got some brains.

27. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I've never really abused either one of my parents vehicles. Passed about 3 cars at once to take my girlfriend home one night when running late in their '01 Grand Cherokee. My dad has a F-250 former job site truck that never tracks straight for more than 2 seconds and his other transport is his Crown Vic with Patrol markings on it, I've never drove either one of them anywhere.

I never asked for anything out of them, so they suprised me with a patched up but decent looking '86 Hardbody for Christmas so I'd have something to drive when I got my license. I treated it well, but occasional burn outs, mudding, and ill-advised practices (Lugging it to save gas, gearing it down to save worn out brakes, small ass trampoline pipe for a tailpipe) eventually claimed the rear-end, driveshaft, main bearings, timing chain, u-joints, and nearly every exhaust valve. It had a helluva lot of miles and problems to begin with, and I pretty much killed it off.

We made the mistake of trying to actually fix it, and pretty much invested x2 what its worth. I treat my S-10 a hell of a lot better. Buy your kids something with a short life expectancy, and wait till the driveshaft falls out, rear-end chatters and grinds like hell, and they drive home on 1 cylinder (Somehow) and they will learn to take care of things a little better.

28. rusty48

rusty48

Never really tore anything up but I did let a shotgun go off in the floorboard of dads 50 GMC.

29. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

My friend and I jumped his dad's 73 for courier about four feet high one time...when we landed so much dust came out of the headliner we couldn't see for about eight seconds. We ended up across the road going up a staircase.

30. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Abuse is putting it lightly.....dumb 17 year olds....:(

[​IMG]