Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Did Santa bring you everything ya wanted?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 25, 2015.

1. I had told Ladyhrp that I would like the recently published book about our hometown "Anderson,it's Electric" playing of the fact that Anderson was the first city to have hydroelectric power in the United States in 1897.

Thus the Motto. "Anderson the Electric City"

As I was thumbing through it this morning I see a photo of the annual Downtown Fathers day show and was totally unaware that my old black Deuce four door was in the book,along with my pals Ken & Swedes Deuce sedan & 40 sedan,this photo has to be at least 12 years old.

So,were you on Santa's naughty or nice list? Merry Christmas. HRP

004.JPG

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. Well I did not get a Pines 32 winter front.:rolleyes: But the cookies were real good:p And another 32 coupe is on the way to CT from the west coast:cool: Cannot complain.:D

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Lemme see, home-made chocolate chip cookies? check. Wife is taking 3 days off? check. Daughter jumping around and yelling like a fool? check. Buncha people with a bunch of hyper kids coming in an hour? check...Yup, got it all!
    Merry Christmas CT, Danny and all!

4. Mark,you could probably swap that coupe you got coming from right coast for several Pines winter-fronts.:D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Guess my Horning GMC head got lost in the mail ...

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEP!----More bills & new computer I'm trying to figure out!!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My kids got up at 3 then 4 then again at 5 when we finally gave in and got out of bed. We spent an hour watching them open gifts and scream with excitement. They are still grinning from ear to ear, my son and I just finished having a nerf gun fight. Wife is happy. Took the dog for a walk about an hour ago and it actually snowed a tiny bit. Going to my parents in a bit to eat a fantastic turkey dinner and hang with my brothers familly.
    Doesnt get any better then this. I would say I got everything I wanted :)
    Merry Christmas to all.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ha, ha, yup, Emily was up at 4, "Daddy, daddy! I saw a green light outside!!! It must be SANTA!! ITS MAAAAAGIC!!!" ROFL! Had a hell of a time getting her to go back to sleep...So cool...she is sitting in the middle of the floor singing "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" right now...
    Merry Christmas to you too Woodz.

9. Might want to fact check the claim on the 1st hydro electric plant.
    Niagara Falls lit up the city of Niagara Falls in 1881,then followed by Appleton Wisc in 1882.
    A few years before Anderson in 1897.

Oldmics

loudbang likes this.
  10. I was just thankful to wake up alive. Kids coming over for dinner so yes, I got everything I wanted.

11. 327Eric

327Eric

A Christmas for two, away from the Bay Area, new shocks, carrier bearing, and gauges for the 59 ElCamino, Turky roasting in the kitchen. Life is good. Merry Christmas All.

12. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Merry Christmas everyone, especially our men and women in uniform. Keep them in your thoughts today.

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I told my wife I wanted an old Gasser for Christmas. She said "You ARE an old gasser, I just heard you down the hall!"...oh well:D

14. We had the family here last night,both daughters and there spouses and all 3 grandkids and one granddaughters boy friend,they were here for Christmas eve diner and left about 11 PM.

Today,Brenda and I finally get to relax.

Merry Christmas George. :D:D HRP

15. Now that's funny right there! I get told the same thing a lot.

OahuEli, 40fordtudor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Like 56 Don Just happy to be here & not looking at the grass from the other side. Peggy & I have Christmas every day if we see something we want we buy it. Oh that is if either or both of us have enough of the green stuff. Life is GOOD!!!
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year friends one & all.
    Burn Out Bob & Peggy Sue

Attached Files:

17. toml24

toml24

I got a dozen bags of White Chocolate Candy Corn flavored M & M's. When consumed with a bottle of Two Buck Chuck it's not a bad combo. Life is good!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. got some oil and "filters" DSCF4733.JPG

19. chris' 38

chris' 38

And I think Scranton PA has been called the electric city since 1886 when they got first electric trolley

20. All I wanted was to watch the kid open her presents, and to sneak the hot rod around to my parents for lunch, as it needs registration, and that won't be done for a few weeks.
    Kid was trying to drag me outer bed early, and I'd only got 1 hours sleep.
    Finally got up and watched her go nuts under the tree with her presents.

Got to take hot rod out to parents, nice hot sunny Southern Hemisphere Summer day, ate way to much, then came home for a nap.

Man it sucks sometimes when your having a poor spell, but being rich in life's gifts is priceless.
    My day was priceless, and one I'll remember for ever.

21. Deuces

Deuces

What I got was too many bills.... :rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. A quote from the book verbatim..Possibly the wording describes something I omited.

Portman Shoals

Half mile west on Seneca River the Portman Shoals Power Plant, built by William C. Whitner, begin in 1897 the transmission of High voltage electricity over the longest lines then in use for that purpose in the United States.

The Success of this plant,now owned by Duke Power Company, caused Anderson to be called

"The Electric City"....HRP

p

40fordtudor likes this.
  23. Our daughter and husband and both grandsons live across the street. We are all healthy and at peace. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. BTW: great pic Danny and how do you keep them fingernails clean? tim

HOTRODPRIMER and falcongeorge like this.
  24. I got a FitBit :(
    Should have asked for car parts.

ace5043 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Tom,what the heck is a Fit Bit? HRP

26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey Bob
    Has anyone ever told you that you look a little bit like Norm Grabowski?

[​IMG]

27. trollst

trollst

Santa got me a shop press, but I gotta drive two hours to pick it up, two genuine Mexican blankets from mexico, (really), book about Elon Musk, Harley Davidson wall art, an audio book and wiper blades for my DD. Seems the shop press was too heavy for the reindeer......

kiwijeff and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. AZbent

AZbent

I got what I wanted. We just finished skyping with my son that is living in another country for now, and my son living across the country with my grand daughters. Maybe I didn't get what I wanted, I really would have liked to see them two cuties in person (they are 2 and 4).
    Mark

loudbang and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. The kids gave me a OTT TV BOX,I hope they come back and teach me how to use it! :rolleyes: HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.