Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I stumble across something awesome?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WortRod, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

Well I know this sounds far fetched and I won't believe it until I actually see it but who knows..... I took the deuce out for a sunday spin today and stopped at a house around the corner from mine that is for sale, sign said it is almost an acre so I have been meaning to get info on it. I pulled over just to get the address so I could google it and there was a flyer on the sign, well shit might as well grab it. It was about then that I got out of my car I saw the whole family sitting on the porch, shit I thought. Well here comes an older guy asking about my car, so I talked to him for a bit and apologized for interrupting their sunday. He asked if his brother could bring their 94 yr old mom out to look at my car, I said of course and helped the lady around and into my deuce and talked to her about it. It was about that time that one of the brothers asked if my car was a '32,I said yup, he said "that's ironic cause we have a '32 ford in a barn up in the hills that's been there for years, and a something or another " lights and buzzers where going off in my head but I kept cool. Finally after asking about the other home made thing I said "is the '32 a sedan or truck ?" he said " nope its a coupe" insert weak knees . I said "well I gotta ask, is either for sale?" he said " I dunno but I'll find out" ,we exchanged numbers ,I was trying my hardest to play it cool but I felt like a high school kid asking the head cheerleader to prom!!! I don't know if this is for real or for sale but Im gonna put the work in and let you all know!

2. chigger

chigger

Damn the luck!

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

nice try...but without pics, it didn't happen.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

4. I hope it turns out for the real!!!! Good luck manny keep us posted!!!!

5. henry29

henry29

Nice! can't wait to see the pics.

Just don't ask how to wash it, there's already a thread on that.

6. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

If this leads to a backwoods expedition that involves a canoe trip with the sound of banjos in the distance, I would advise a rapid retreat.

7. madmak95

madmak95

Hope the best for u .....but 32 coupe in grandpa barn turn into 58 vw real quick when you get there.

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I've been out to see a few 32 coupes... 72 dodge station wagon when I got there

9. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

I agree that it prob isn't the real deal but I'm excited to find out . I'm negative by nature so I'm already not a believer but its worth a ride up the hill to find out. Worst case scenario I get out of this hell for saken valley for a couple hours and find a dud

10. Well, if its been there for years then its got to be an old something. Probably worth pulling out anyway.

11. Rob68

Rob68

Waiting....

12. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Keep us posted.

13. Movinman

Movinman

Good luck with this! Hopefully it will indeed be a 32 coupe.

14. make an offer on the house....maybe they will it will come with the deal ?

15. Yeah, what stillrunners said - buy the house, get the car for free? Stranger things have happened...

16. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go for it. If you don't, you will regret not checking into it later on down the line.

17. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

$5 says it's a chevy/plymouth/model A...

18. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

"32 coupe in grandpa barn turn into 58 vw real quick"

:D .

& that veewee is worth some decent coin to the right guy. Hit the Samba, or the auction site, or just about any other vw site out there. Should be worth your time, easily... :) . If nothing else, it'd help increase (your) hotrod fund.

Marcus...

19. Dyce

Dyce

A guy told me he had a '32 ford roadster. Price was right and I went to look at it and this is what I found.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you have better luck!! I really do!!!

20. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

21. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

thanks for all the well wishes,Im gonna call the guy in the moring and set up a time to go up and see it. Hopefully tomorrow if not it will have to wait until Thursday when I get off duty. anyways im looking forward to the adventure,gonna take my lil girl,will be a good hot rod learning experience and since she is so much cuter than me maybe it will work in my favor,lol !!!

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm hoping for you that since the guy knew yours is a '32, that he knows what he's talking about. Kinda excitingggggggggggg!!! Sorry...stay calm...just stay calm...lol.

All the luck.

23. Good luck! Hopefully it is a '32 and you can save it:cool:

24. very exciting, i wish you luck

25. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

How will you wash it?

26. Did you take the 94 year old mom for a ride?

27. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

flowmeister,I offered but she wasn't up for the ride due to health, but I gave it a shot. Also, she went back to the house before I knew about the barn deuce so my intentions where just to be nice at that point.

28. Louie T

Louie T
    from California

Very similar thing happened to me...was told there was a "49 Merc" that needed and engine and that's it at a storage unit out in Cathedral City. It was supposedly all there...turned out to be a primer gray 86 Honda Accord. I got 278,000 miles out of that thing!!!!!!!

29. farmer12

farmer12

Can't wait to see what happens. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.