Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Did i ruin my car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, May 3, 2010.

1. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

"Pussyfication" sounds like a word from a script from a show where guys hang out in "The Man Cave".

Keep it about cars and trucks.

2. My point was that it is hard to take someone serious that is talking about attention to detail, pride in their work, etc and expresses it by submitting a post that looks like a 14 year old typed it up on his/her phone.

His points were good ones just not well presented and he took my comment like I intended them tongue in cheek so all is good.:D

3. zombie

zombie

i think you need to pick a style. either custom, or hotrod. first thing would be fixing the ugly ass rear fender opening...

zombie

[​IMG]

4. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

i like the paint. Gotta put the steelies back on though

5. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Right on now we're talk'in! That looks kick ass. Don't let all the negative feed back get to ya man. I can see where those guy's are coming from I just think they need to give you alot more credit. At Least your out there in the garage turn'in wrenches and keep'in the hobby alive and not in the house play'in video games or driv'in a rice burner with a fart can like so many other young people these days. If we don't help guys like him and keep bashin the the ones that try there won't be any body in the future to keep traditional rods alive. Just a thought but I'm as dumb as a sack of hammers.

6. customcory

customcory

I agree with Zombie, this thing would make a good custom with the rear fenders like they are.You could make something pretty one off, thats what I see.:D

7. jessejames88

jessejames88
    from upstate ny

dont care for the chrome... steelies got "the look" drive it and enjoy it!

8. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Dynaflash, your car is one of my favorites here on the HAMB. I also like that it sits up high. Some of the roads around here are pretty nasty so my own old car ride is not going to be a pavement scraper. I am glad you kept the steelies, it goes with the whole look rather well.

9. weldkingoc

weldkingoc

drop the ass ASAP. car has a bitchin line just sitting a little on the stinkbug side

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Back on steels with my cheaters on the back. Stickers gone now, and slappers painted black.

[​IMG]

11. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

Looking good! I love your Nash! Keep it up.

SpeedAddict001

12. Wicked50

Wicked50

I liked it with the steelies

13. Hello again, Dyna, I guess I've been the jerk in this thread, but my heart's in the right place. The car in Zombie's pots(183) may not be what you're aiming for, but it has continuity from top to rocker and bumper to bumper. That car might be your vision, but it follows through. No matte what your end result, in YOUR vision, is, it should be consistent. Because the HAMB is about what you can learn, you can perfect your car.. If you search, you can pick a time frame, or era and do your car right. Unless I am wrong, the HAMB hasn't been about cutting corners and building..., ah, I don't want my BSing to piss off the "sensitive".

Anyway, Dyna, you have a neat car. Do it right, however you do it. If you like the circle track look, as demonstrated by the Nash racing photos, you can make it proper. The , as far as I'm concerned the HAMB, isn't about turning a pile of parts into a rolling pile of parts, it's about a Zen like sense of what's "Right". Look at the Little Books. Find the common thread of Cool. The Nash is, what? 61, 62 years old? It can wear any suit you put on it. Just don't dress that cool ol' car like a clown.

...bunch of people speaking up for you, Dyna. You're the one with the cool Nash. What do you want to do with it? You has obvious talent, the is your "Public" project.

14. Hello again, Dyna, I guess I've been the jerk in this thread, but my heart's in the right place. The car in Zombie's pots(183) may not be what you're aiming for, but it has continuity from top to rocker and bumper to bumper. That car might be your vision, but it follows through. No matte what your end result, in YOUR vision, is, it should be consistent. Because the HAMB is about what you can learn, you can perfect your car.. If you search, you can pick a time frame, or era and do your car right. Unless I am wrong, the HAMB hasn't been about cutting corners and building..., ah, I don't want my BSing to piss off the "sensitive".

Anyway, Dyna, you have a neat car. Do it right, however you do it. If you like the circle track look, as demonstrated by the Nash racing photos, you can make it proper. The , as far as I'm concerned the HAMB, isn't about turning a pile of parts into a rolling pile of parts, it's about a Zen like sense of what's "Right". Look at the Little Books. Find the common thread of Cool. The Nash is, what? 61, 62 years old? It can wear any suit you put on it. Just don't dress that cool ol' car like a clown.

...bunch of people speaking up for you, Dyna. You're the one with the cool Nash. What do you want to do with it? You has obvious talent, the is your "Public" project.

15. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

See now were talking. It flows perfect now. Its not what you want but how could you deny this. Plus I dont know of too many Nash customs around.

16. Almost 200 posts to say "nice wheels but they dont fit the style of the car very well" ?

Anyhow the car looks good. If you're happy, so be it. Only thing I would want to do is try to score a matching set of whitewalls for the front - but hell you could paint some on if you really wanted.

17. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

DYNA...HONESTLY I would tell you, but i can't afford the POINTS...POP.

18. melsfine39

melsfine39

NO! You ruined those wheels by put'em on that car! Car needs a make over! Whats with the 59 Nash Rambler style rear wheel openings? OH I see they came that way!! open wheel wells would look better for a race car theme! or a full side skirt,if you go skirt do the custom look, Maybe a different color for the graphics?
    A great start to build from! A car like this draws more attention than a high dollar ride any day at any show because people see it and think "IF IT WAS MINE I'D...!" Good luck. Mel:D

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  19. edweird

edweird

get rid of the number, outline the scallops in red, lower the ass end a tad put the running boards on then blackwalls and moon disc.whatchathink?

20. edweird

edweird

or like this.

21. realkustom51

realkustom51

It takes alot for customcory to draw something anymore but he never drew a 41 Nash before. Found on the garage floor.

Attached Files:

22. big creep

big creep

this one wins!!!!!!!!! thats fucken sweet!

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Somebody go the other direction and photo shop a high front end, and radiused rear wheel wells just to see what that would look like;)

24. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

photo in post #190 is fine, if you ask me.

Definitely not a car for chrome Cragars.

25. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Who give a s#$%. If you like it, enjoy it. I like scallops on smaller cars and I prefer the steelies.

But who the hell am I? My car has been sittin in the shop for 5 years and is not going anywhere soon. I only wish it were on the road

BC

26. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

You did for me, but then again it isn't my car.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Steel wheels, no 28 and no scallops.

28. Hello, May 2010. Thank you, FNG.