Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I Just Kill My New Engine?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4woody, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

It's been pointed out at least twice that the suggestion was to add oil, run the engine, and then check the filter.

This thread has officially entered the HAMB deja vu death spiral. (Like 5 pages ago! ;) )

2. Now theres an idea that just might work.

3. Or along the lines of the flight of The Malaysian Concentric Bird, which flies in ever decreasing circles until it flies right up its own asshole.

Bob

4. buelligan

buelligan

I was camped out here waiting to see how this turns out, I have packed up my tent and I am otta here.... OP good luck I wish you the best.

5. kennb

kennb

Back in the 70's I did a first oil change on a Chrysler Imperial, the one that had the horrible TRW fuel injection. Dropped the oil and the break bell rang. Came back 15 minutes later, reached in and fired her up. Got to talking with one of the guys, about 10-15 minutes later someone says hey that thing got oil in it? Put five quarts in, it took about 10 minutes for the lifters to stop raising hell. Scared me to death at that time. Saw that car many times after that with no problem. Ken

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I would hope since it had oil in the motor originally it had a light coating on it, even thou you drained it. if you did not run it to long, you might have gotten lucky and still had enough lubricant to be safe.. I wish you the best.

7. Shit...183 posts and no answer...? It`s like The Walking Dead, I gotta tune in next Sunday to find out what happens... anyway best of luck.

8. chopped

chopped

Don't make me post my OT Chevy, the ban may be worth it to kill this monster.

9. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Shit I had a dream after reading this thread last night that I did the same thing to the Chevy. Weird!
    Jay

10. jesse1980

jesse1980

I would have already found out what happened to this motor. I couldn't wait this long to find out, regardless of how busy iam.

11. BootleggerJim

BootleggerJim
    from SC

If it ran long enough to rattle, replace bearings and rings. It may run with fresh oil, but it WILL leave you.

12. roachjuice

roachjuice

Throw some oil in it. Start it up. See what happens. If it sounds ok then run it. If not you'll be dropping the pan to find out the damage. I've beat the piss out of engines with low oil levels before. They all ran great lol.

13. I don't know about the motor but kill this thread!:confused:

14. Mart

Mart

My wife drove her 20 year old BMW about 3 miles after the filter blew off. It survived. But a fresh engine is a different thing. It probably has been damaged. Tear it down - clean it up put back anything that can be put back and replace anything that needs it.

Mart.

15. maybe we can make the thread so only mods and the OP can make comments from now on...

16. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

Start it up and drive it over to the guys houes that cant figure out how to get his car up his curved driveway... Pull his car up his curved driveway and into his garage... Now park your car in the stall next to his car...He now owes you a favor and can figure out what is wrong with your motor..

17. darkk

darkk

People still laugh at me when I do this. Some day I'll be laughing at them though, someday.....

18. tedster

tedster

Yup.

19. You're not supposed to drink the bong water dude

How about you loan me $20.00 - but I only want you to give me $10.00 of it-ok?

That way I owe you $10.00 and you owe me $10.00 - that makes us even right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.