Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Did Ford make a 49 hardtop!?............cuz i just bought one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadassBadger, Jun 6, 2016.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

If I have it right, this car was built by Dick Page for Tim Smith circa 1965. It's a '51 Victoria with back-dated taillights & side trim, with the top covered to hide the welds rather than (expensively) metal finishing them. I LOVE the top on this car, and would do it to mine unhesitatingly if I could:
    DickPage:TimSmithCrop.jpg DickPage:TimSmithCF.jpg DickPage:TimSmithCR.jpg
    The rear window is from a '52 wagon lift gate.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Really not sure of the date or the magazine, it would have been an early one, come to think of it, Kustomrama did an article about Robert last year and he is showing pic's of this car, check out Sondre's site, hope this helps you out.

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Found it on Kustomrama, which further led me to Trend Book #122, Custom Cars 1956 Annual, which I have. Thanks for the lead!

4. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

just an fyi any reasonable offer would take it. its not like i need it gone tomorrow by any stretch but i like to move on to the next one :)

5. Any update on this car? Is someone bringing it back to life......hopefully? 27236535740_6673c9a300_b.jpg

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

not sure but I also would like to know. Last I knew it was on ebay and the seller was down to $2500 or best offer on it and then the listing ended Nov. 16 with the seller saying no longer available. I was hoping someone brought it but I also see that the seller has been selling 49-51 ford parts now so i'm not really sure.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. That car surely deserves to be brought back to it's former glory.

i.rant and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. RHunt

RHunt

Not to hijack this thread but @mikebowling I have Paul's old shoebox now, still flathea.d 6 and 3 on the tree if you were curious. Although the painted on whitewalls are long gone. Haha

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

ah yes an update....i sold it to a local guy who has over 100 john deere and a dozen or so mostly fomocos. he promised to treat it right. and weather or not it goes into a full blown restoration i know not but he said he would get it running and driving first.

10. Hope you can stay in touch with the new owner and maybe take some pics if he brings it back to life.:)