Register now to get rid of these ads!

did chevy (or others) make anything like a 27 roadster pickup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldhunter_2, May 19, 2010.

1. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

You know these hobby's are addictive :D

I am only part way through the first project and looking for the next one ..lol

I know Ford is the "popular" one you can even get whole new steel body's for the 27-29 roadster pickups But was wondering is chevy (preferably) or even some of the others like international or dodge , packard well anyone other then ford made a similar body style to the 1927 ford roadster pickup? (pictures would be great)

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chevy had commerical truck during the 20s but they did have a truck platform where you had everything but a body. They didn't have a typical 1/2 ton pickup until 1936.

3. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

Ok so chevy did not make one :(

I maybe looking at this wrong but I personally consider the little ford roadster pickup like a compact sporty style back in those days. How about dodge or someone other then ford ,did any one make a similar sporty small pickup type body or is ford the only choice?

4. unklgriz

unklgriz

5. goldhunter_2

goldhunter_2

ya that chevy emblem does the trick every time :)

for lack of better wording that looks like "more truck" or "Bigger" body wise then the ford roadster truck