Register now to get rid of these ads!

DFW no scratch tire mounting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by k.c., Jun 20, 2010.

1. k.c.

k.c.

Can any one in the DFW area recommend a good place to have tires mounted to cast aluminum wheels and balanced? I don't mind paying extra or waiting a longer time if I can be assured a quality no scratch job.

2. missysdad1

missysdad1

The National Tire and Battery store in Burleson is where I go. They've got machines which are adjusted to keep a small gap between the guide and the rim itself. The machines have nylon guides so even if the wheel touches it does no damage.

It is up to the technician, however, to use a nylon pad to avoid damage by the bar used to flip the bead onto the wheel. This is the tricky part.

I've had them do two sets for me with great results. I'd expect most NTB stores to have similar machines...and the technicians who know how to use them.

Be sure to speak with the manager and make it clear to him what you expect. Give him the option to back out of the job if he cannot guarantee a scratch-free job.

Also, make it clear that NTB will be held responsible for fixing any damage. You don't have to be a dick about this, but you will certainly get his attention. If he cannot guarantee a scratch-free job, move on. There are lots of tire stores.

Good luck!

3. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

north hills tire north richland hills--mike starks owner operator-- car guy himself

4. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i worked for years at a shop that did mostly custom wheels....even with the best machines and techs that care ,it can be tough to not scratch a wheel....