Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Tudor, The Basic... Beginning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombiescustoms, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Dawg gone, there my roadster in the back ground....

2. Weekend update:
    Got the grill shell and firewall ready for sealer
    [​IMG]
    and the hoods
    [​IMG]
    did some more work on the front frame horns, need to finish the spreader bar to make sure they are dead on
    [​IMG]
    my official garage helper, Hudson
    [​IMG]
    pushed outside to clean up the shop in the nice weather we are having
    [​IMG]
    both corners of the windshield posts were cracked, I stop drilled them and used oxy-acetylene to flow a little brass in the crack, it made it easier to bring back the body line, and did not distort the area with a lot of heat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    nice shot of where the two .45 cal slugs went through the cowl, still have not determined if I should keep them or not.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  3. I have set a HUGE goal of having this car drivable by May 19th, so it can make a lap or two at the Jalopy Showdown, I hope I can make it happen!

4. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Man, that is really neat - you are doing a great job!

5. Got a few coats of sealer on the hoods and grill shell today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cut and fit the driveshaft and torque tube, and messed around with the rear spring to try to get the car to sit lower in the rear, I need to reverse the eyes still, and I think it needs one more spring left on top so its not so soft.

Any tips on getting the center bearing out of the torque tube?

I still need to cut the rear wishbones and remount the lug for them, I cut it off so I could clock the speedo mount to where the 32 was mounted.

7. choptop36

choptop36

8. You've got a real beauty on your hands. Love the style.

I've got a 31 Tudor waiting in the wings for after my roadster gets done. Taking her in pretty much the same direction as yours.

Good luck with your goal of making the Jalopy Showdown. Looks like its well within reach.

9. A bit more progress, got the spring eyes reversed, and the driveshaft cut and installed, shortened the rear wishbones, and reattached the mounting lug. Also got the front frame horns just about done and fit up the spreader bar. Sealed, painted and cleared the firewall, my wheels and tires should be here tomorrow, going to run 7.50x16 rears and 6.00x16 fronts on 16x 4 1/2 wheels. Just need to do the shock mounts and I will be able to do the final tear-down to spray the frame and suspension stuff, and then the assembly starts. the plan is to run it in the blue sealer for the summer and then do the final paint next winter. Here are some updated pics with the new stance and because the weather has been super warm here I got out my other deuce to blow off the cobwebs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Got my wheels and tires mounted up today, they totally change the look of the car. I still think the front needs to come down about an inch. Threw the headlights and grill shell on for some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Very cool starting point. I love the transformation so far !

12. greaser

greaser

This sedan is turning out GREAT! One of my all time favorites. Going to look awesome with or without fenders.
    Please remove any trace of the rodent by fixing the .45 holes. (JMHO).

13. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Man, you're really moving on her. Lookin' great.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Whoa Baby!! Those wheels did the trick. Now you've got the "look" only have to finish the details. This one is going to be a winner. If I sound prejudiced...............check the avatar.:)

Frank

15. scotti32

scotti32

Wow cool project. I am building the same, stock height highboy

16. 343w

343w

You are really rollin with the tudor project, you have gotten me fired-up for my own tudor project. I've been collecting parts for over 2 years and am finally at a point where I can start building, both with the parts and time needed to do so. Keep it rolling brother!

17. Mike

Mike

Whoa Nelly! I just came accross this thread today. Man, It's hard to believe that's my old car. The transformation is amazing. This car is definately born again bitchin'. I really liked that old machine and I did consider fixing the brakes, re-insuring and keeping it. I'm really glad that you and your dad got the car and I'll definately be watching it's new incarnation take place.

Just plain bitchin'.

P.S. I still owe you the lower rear seat spring assembly. Sorry I haven't sent it on, I have no real excuse :eek:.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

if you run 5.00/5.25x16 tires on the front instead of 6.00x16's, it will drop the front a little over an inch...and give it a nice rubber rake.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. I actually needed to raise the rear up about an inch to avoid needing to c notch,so it does have a bit more rake now.
    [​IMG]

20. cruzr

cruzr

Looking good

21. butchmerkel

butchmerkel
    from oxnard ca

Looks great. Did the brass work ok ,can you get good paint results over the brass?

22. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I just finished mine and I used 5.60-15's in the front and it doesn't sit as good as I would like. Will the 5.00/5.25x16 work better?

Attached Files:

23. flatoz

flatoz

Do you want more rake? or want the tires up under the guards more?

More rake = 4.50-4.75 tires
    Tires up under guards more = remove a spring leaf or two and reverse eyes on spring and more drop in the axle.

ZOMBIECUSTOMS

looking good, following with interest. love how its coming along.

24. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Thanks. Sorry to hi-jack the thread. ZombieCustoms, car is super cool. Keep the updates coming!

25. Will you be tinning the brazed area before paint?

26. Can you elaborate on the tinning of the brass repair? I know if there is any flux left paint will not stick.

27. Finished all the rear shock mounts and got the rear back in, also got the front F1 mounts cut and mounted. Need to finish the steering from the box to the spindles, and then I can tear everything down for starting the paint on the frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Got a lot done the past week, stripped the car down to the bare frame, and prepped the frame and suspension stuff for paint, sprayed the frame today, and hope to have the front and rear axle assemblies painted by the end of the week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

Ive had my eyes on this. Cool build.

Subscribed.

30. greaser

greaser