Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Deuce Roadster passed away tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 19, 2013.

1. pitman

pitman

Many times, just a good guy, always added to the conversation. :eek:

2. My heart felt condolences to his family and close friends.

3. I've never met him, but always enjoyed reading his posts.
    Rest in peace, you'll be missed!

4. Abomination

Abomination

Wow... of all the post I thought I'd see today, this was not it. :(

5. vert1940

vert1940

like everyone else,when i opened the hamb...never expected to read this....so sorry Danny,please extend my condolences as well.
    even though randy didn't know who i was,i always sought him out at Charlotte, just to say hi, and he was always pleasant...same with Knoxville.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

What the heck happened? Dang I was gonna pm him about some brake questions, he helped me out on one of my threads and was super helpful!!! Sending some up to big daddy for his family!!!

7. Sorry to hear this. He will be missed.

8. NealinCA

NealinCA

Very sorry to hear this. You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Neal

9. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Sorry for your loss. Didn't know the man personally, but from what I read here, he was a TRUE Hot Rodder. R.I.P.

10. Man,that just sucks! RIP Randy....you will be missed!

11. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Prayers for Deuce and his family, and You to HRP. Its tough when a close friend passes. SO hang in there.

12. primed34

primed34

Sad news. Always enjoyed his posts.

13. OLDTGUY

OLDTGUY

Very sorry for your loss.

14. Movinman

Movinman

Very sad... my condolences to his family and close friends.

15. Kommuter

Kommuter

I can only echo what others have already said. I always enjoyed Randy's posts. I always learned something from him, and appreciated how he freely shared his knowledge with the HAMB community.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Deuce Roadster!

16. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The few times I talked to him in person he was always nice and in a good mood. I'm sorry to hear this news. Prayers go out to his family!
    Joe

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My condolences. It was just a couple weeks ago he had that wheel poll. I dont know him at all, it seems very sudden.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

So sorry to hear of this news,...... I will most certainly keep his family and friends on my prayer list.

REV., 21:4

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, although this news is heartbreaking, thanks for posting to let his legions of friends here on HAMB know about it.
    Randy was a guy who would share his knowledge freely, and I talked to him on the phone many times, but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time to meet him in person, always a "someday" for me that now won't happen unless I change my ways so I can join him in that "big rod meet in the sky"
    RIP Randy.

20. I just saw this and I don't know what to say. :eek: I was lucky enough to know Randy from Charlotte, and the year he came to Joplin--I even bought my motorcycle jack from him. A real gentleman with uncompromising taste in cars. Prayers for his family, as he will be missed. :(:(:(:(

21. R.I.P. Randy condolences to his family & friends

22. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

My heart breaks at the news that Randy has passed. Besides vast knowledge of all things 32 Ford he was more importantly a very nice man. My prayers and condolences go out to his wife Quidasue and the rest of his family and friends. I am so fortunate to have met Randy. It came about after he contacted me in response to a wanted to buy ad looking for a 32 3 window coupe. He contacted me about selling his car and we began to correspond. It looked and sounded like a very well built deuce and showed itself to be just that when I first saw the car in mid April and first met Randy and his wife. He let both myself and my wife take the car for a drive and we fell in love with what he had done with the car, everything I would have done if I had built it myself. We left a downpayment and made arrangements to pick it up in May. Randy called and emailed several time to bring me up to speed about all aspects of the car. I enjoyed every conversation very much. He and his wife are such genuine and likable people. We drove the truck and trailer to Pigeon Forge to meet he and his wife. Randy drove the 32 over for one last cruise before turning over the keys to us. I know how hard it was for him to part with it. He loved his cars, but he clearly loved and cared about his wife and any future she would have without him by taking care of business so that she would not have to. After we closed the deal and he guided me in loading the car, (making sure his baby was secure for the ride to Wisconsin) we all walked down the street for dinner. We talked about many things including his upcoming surgery scheduled for a week later. He was concerned about not making it through, but his rock solid faith was so evident in his outlook that was to be would be. I am honored to have been allowed to purchase his 3 window. It was much more an honor to have met Randy and Quidasue. I know a while ago he had an engine fire in his roadster that his health had really prevented him with dealing with, but he wanted to. We talked about meeting back in Pigeon Forge for shades of the past which he loved. He wanted to drive his roadster there. I am saddened that it will not happen now. I would suggest however, that if anyone that would be willing to do so, I would love to help bring his roadster back to life for his wife. I know that she loves that car as much as Randy did and it would be a wonderful gesture for friends to help repair it.I would come down to help with that effort for sure. Glad I got to meet ya Randy, may you rest in peace in the loving arms of your savior Christ Jesus.

23. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

24. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Sorry to hear of this. My condolences to all his friends and family. :(

25. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

RIP Randy.

Danny, I am thinking of you and Randy's family.

26. Dave,It sounds like you will be the perfect caretaker for the 3 Window. Danny

27. Mart

Mart

Wow - I didn't know him personally but recognise his name and avatar instantly. It must have come suddenly because he posted here on the hamb only 4 days ago.

I had his age wrong earlier and now know he was only 65 - man that's much too soon.

Heartbroken.

RIP

Mart.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  28. DRD57

DRD57

Sad to hear. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. He was a great guy and will be missed.

Here's a shot from better times at the LARS.

Dunno what's up with the profile age, he was more like 65.

Attached Files:

29. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Terrible I'm really saddened by the news. I'll be praying for his family.

30. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

So sad...my condolences.