Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce roadster in Indiana Jones movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Deuces

Deuces

So who was the lucky dude that had his car in that movie????? :)

Stogy likes this.
  2. I went back and tried to do a search in the past threads about the roadster in question and all I found was a lot of arm chair movie critics and nothing to offer as to the owner of the roadster. HRP

3. Deuces

Deuces

Damn... :(
    I'm sitting here watching the movie and got a little curious.... :rolleyes:
    Oh, well... Thanks HRP.... :)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. This is a good place to look up cars in movies https://www.imcdb.org/ After a quick search I didn't find a deuce listed tho.

Stogy likes this.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

6. Deuces

Deuces

My bad.....

7. alchemy

alchemy

I don't know who the sucker is who bought that 30 roadster on BJ, but he got took. That roadster in the movie still is a 32.

8. WOW! Isn't that like fraud or something.:eek:

9. 4b316

4b316
    from ny

Wasn't the year in the movie a little early for a smal block chevy?

10. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Kind of hard to tell from the movie screen grab, but it looks like it could possibly be a flathead. The movie tires look like radials though, no?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

The one in the movie is definitely on deuce rails, whereas the fraud is not.

12. Deuces

Deuces

The movie car has a small block.... Was watching the movie yesterday.......
    It also takes place in '57....

Stogy likes this.
  13. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Yep, the movie was set in 57. A large part was filmed in New Haven on and around the Yale campus. We had a number of local cars in the filming. Some of those did make the film. A 4 door 57 Chevy and a black late 30s Old or Pontiac coupe that had to replace a Chevy that had problems. My 52 Hard Top was also one of the extra cars. It never made it to the film. Probably on the cutting room floor! To make it even more degrading, the car made more money than I did!

Okie Pete and Stogy like this.
  14. pitman

pitman

The first image, w/officer Okie's car alongside, is deuce, w/a SBC.

Deuces likes this.
  15. rooman

rooman

Yep! Look at the relationship of the headlights to the frame horns, the lack of a cowl gas cap, no master cylinder on the firewall, the difference in the headers (triangular flange vs round, length of down pipe) and the length of the wishbone. The movie car is definitely not the car sold at the auction.

Roo

gnichols, LBCD, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  16. The relationship of the grill to the frame horns is totally different also. Look how low the grill is below the frame on the roadster sold at B.J. compared to the one in the screenshot from the movie. Looks like someone got screwed.

17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

The biggest difference is the frame! the BJ onelooks to be stock model A.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps they had several vehicles for the movie and only one got featured or they fit one up for driving and maybe another for in car static scene and the external look wouldn't have mattered...It is surprising to have Hotrods so different but for the quick scenes and average moviegoer it may go unnoticed. There were many things pointed out in American Graffiti like this

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now look what you started...:D...there's gonna be Lawsuits...;)

warhorseracing and Deuces like this.
  20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

It certainly doesn't appear to be the same car after studying the photos, firewall in movie car has 32 pressing and bulge. Both bodies and frames are not the same plus the exhaust location is in a different position in relation to split bones. The exhaust cap on the movie car appears triangular whilst the other car is round.
    Additionally the firewall on the imposter appears to be a reversed model 'A' with a firewall mounted MC. The imposter has a gas cap on the cowl whereas the movie car doesn't. Plus notice the location of the spreader bar on the movie car as opposed to its location on the imposter. On face value the car being passed off as the movie car in fact actually isn't it at all? It appears then that someone has been taken for a ride at BJ as well as the purchaser. Personally I'd question the veracity (Bonafides) of the supporting documentation when clearly it doesn't corroborate the car seen in the movie.
    upload_2019-1-22_10-44-5.png
    upload_2019-1-22_10-32-54.png

upload_2019-1-22_10-33-45.png

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but I dam sure know a deuce roadster from a model A and after watching the opening of the movie yesterday on the Paramount network and the trailer above it's dam sure a deuce! As for BJ it's typical unchecked hype. As they say Buyer Beware.

lothiandon1940, Deuces and mgtstumpy like this.
  22. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

The Harley used in an Indy movie isn’t as it seems also . It’s way way later than the year was cast to be . But they are still great movies . I was watching a military movie on the pay for view over the weekend . I’m the” Peckerhead that lives in the woods and plays with guns , “ so I was picking out the mistakes in the movie sniper rifle props . Only a knowing gun nut would notice the difference . Movies are still great entertainment when I can’t tinker outside .

23. this photo is from "raiders of the lost ark". seconds after this shot a 33 chevy 3w drives by. anybody know how to do a screen shot of it? i077623.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  24. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I just watched the posted trailer . There is no way in HELL , that those Deuce and a Halves with run as fast as they seem to in the movie. I had one with a pumped up multi fuel , 52 MPH is it downhill , foot punched out near the headlight with the go under it . Just ain’t happening . It’s no wonder Uncle Sugar’s Misguided Children (USMC) is going broke , I paid 1100.00 for my Deuce with a winch , hard top , heater , and 6333 miles . How can you do this and stay in the black . I guess we are funding the play pen for Uncle Sugar .

25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I'm pretty sure the Harley in the movie was a soft tail that they made to look like an old pan head.

26. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Wow totally different. Look at the shocks on the movie car and the lack of them on the A

27. adam401

adam401

Well you can't pay a shop to build you a roadster for 27,500 which I guess is what it sold for. Maybe the buyer did or didn't get a movie car but if it's well built then its not that bad. That interior is way too bright red to me though.

28. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The one in the movie is definitely a "32, frame tank and all. The Model A isn't even close to the same car. Someone got ripped off for sure. But it's on them for not doing their own research.

Deuces likes this.
  29. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

MMm, I just watched that part of movie @ 00.12.25 on Netflix here and didn't see any 3W as movie moves directly from this scene into the classroom. There is a roadster which comes into shot shortly before this still. I'm no expert however this is my best shot. :(
    upload_2019-1-22_12-20-50.png
    https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_77623-Dodge-Touring-Sedan-D-2-1936.html
    upload_2019-1-22_12-33-11.png

Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.