Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nochop, Sep 17, 2019.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

C543300E-A0E1-4C90-A06C-0C3540826E6D.jpeg going to turn my highboy respectable, hopefully full sheet metal paint bumpers etc. my question is, who makes a respectable repop bumper? Also looking at the moment for running board covers as well. I would prefer to buy from non eBay venders. Thanks for looking

2. I honestly believe all the vendors sell the same bumper, I'm not sue who the manufacturer is but if I was going to buy a new bumper I would order it from Gary (Cornhuskers) he treated me fair.

As far as the '32 running board covers the lack a lot to be desired, I would suggest you stick with the vulcanized boards, they are more expensive but they look correct and don't pucker up like covers tend to do. HRP

19Eddy30, nochop and Atwater Mike like this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Sorry I don't sell the repro bumpers but when I had Kemp's do the delivery conversion Steve Hays rounded up the only deuce bumper manufacturer in the US and bought undrilled unplated blanks so Kemp could build that weird rear 32 delivery bumper for the 3 cars he did that winter. I do not remember the manufacturer?

John Stimac likes this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

You are a perfect Guinea pig to try out the new United Pacific '32 bumpers we've all been wondering about. Order a pair and tell us how nice they are.

clem, nochop and town sedan like this.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

It's only money . :D

VANDENPLAS, nochop and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I think if It's a United Pacific part, it will be good quality and it will be a correct fit. Everything 32 I have used from UP has fit as it should and been of the highest quality, I wouldn't worry.

clem and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Thanks, but I have enough unused or unsuccessful parts in my stash......

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Thanks Mr.P, from the past posts on running boards that’s what I gathered. Just thought I would look for current ideas

9. swifty

swifty

The vulcanised ones from back-order Bob are the best ones to get if you can source them and afford them. When I was chasing them our Aussie supplier had had them on order for 10 months with no supplies in sight! I ended up using the Vintique covers which came with my project and some original boards and glued them on. Prick of a job but they've been on 8 years now and are still OK.
    I think Hot Rod Works?? were first to do the vulcanised covers but don't think they are available now.

Re the 32 bumpers I've got one on my coupe and have been using metal polish to remove bugs etc and have polished the chrome off down to the copper. I think this bumper was made before UPAC had them for sale, mine came off another car. UPAC stuff generally is pretty good.

nochop likes this.
  10. My pal Dave bought two '32 bumpers from Early Ford V8 sales a couple of years ago, I don't know who they get them from but they are as nice as any I have seen. HRP

[​IMG]

nochop likes this.
  11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I’ll probably pick up a couple from Brookville, thoughts on “snug fit” brackets?

12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I wish I had more.....

13. clem

clem

Read the post above yours, from one of the most experienced ‘32 builders on here !
    I think when others have mentioned being a ‘guinea pig’ , their comments were in jest.
    All comments about UP have been good.
    I don’t know if Bob Drakes are different from Speedway motors, and maybe better quality ?

nochop likes this.
  14. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I love this place....

15. Fordors

Fordors

As seen from the top down the repro bumpers I’ve seen are straight between the bumper bolts, while originals are bowed, they show a radius. I haven’t seen the United Pacific bumpers but I would expect them to have the bow.
    Also, hopefully the UP bumpers will take the stainless capped bumper bolts (like Drake sells) instead of the forged stainless bolts that are made to fit the fluting on the other repro bumpers.

nochop likes this.
  16. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I’ve gotten lucky and found two rechromed originals locally on Craigslist, one at a time. ;)

I’d keep an eye out for Deuce stuff for ya but you gotta tell me what your shopping list is... :cool:

CEE1A86A-FB9B-4400-AA7D-C1F38751CB94.jpeg

17. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

UP stuff is nice Product , But I have every part they make for a 32 5 w except doors all part new purchased in last 2 half years ( have a set of original doors) GOOD product , But Quality control must be going down , parts are not exact , from part to part , side to side , Nor is the wood , Alot of holes missing where rivets go , Header bace not correct /same on each end , side Quarter windows 1/2 difference , around back window where meets side quarters 5/8 Difference, quarter & trunk braces are not correct to originals . , We are using two Original 32 as a blue print , alot of tweaking , notching cutting , drilling . To take on a job to build the body , you will be better to buy One assemble but it will not be correct look to Ford , not trying to Bash U-P !! Better then Glass, it's just not exact Ford replacement parts

Just Gary and nochop like this.
  18. clem

clem

But not even all the original Ford bodies and parts are the same.........

Just Gary and j3harleys like this.
  19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am with you there. Disabled and a hole in both pockets is not a winning combination.

20. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I see that curve now

21. John Stimac

John Stimac

Ezra builds all the bumpers, I have Terry from Little Dearborn Parts in Minnesota get mine. He brings them in unplated and has his chrome shop plate them properly. It makes a huge difference. His No. is:612-331-2066