Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

It's going well. 1000 DVDs were signed last night by 3 of the cast. We had a good time, ordered some pizza and made a garage party out of it. :D

Just got photos from my photographer so I hope to have some car shots for you imminently, there were some nice nostalgia cars there that day.

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I hope you got mine signed and in the mail! Can't wait!

3. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

It was very nicely done, those CGI guys really came through. And it was sure fun seeing all my junk at Johnny's yard!

Well done Faith. Well done.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Too cool. Congrats on a LOT of hard work coming together into a real nice piece of artwork. NICE!

5. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

and to think some had their doubts, :rolleyes: I knew Faith would not sleep till DOS was complete! :D Keep signing girl! We are all awaiting impatiently, lol

6. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

looks like a killer bash..

7. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

It definitely was ! I have been flooded with emails / feedbacks from all who attended and everyone is dying to do it again. Got an email from the President of the Fillmore chamber of commerce, they really want to do this again :D.

Here are a few feedbacks:

"An incredible movie/experience… My wife Brenda, Joe, Angie and me were all blown away with the story, acting, twists, the emotion and on and on. I definitely will tell my friends and family about it and what they missed today. The cars, the bands, the people… a great experience. Truthfully, I expected we would see the movie, check out the cars and get on with daily life in Fillmore. We got there at 11:30am and stayed all day and into the evening… "

- Dave Crocket - President Fillmore Chamber of Commerce.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith
    What an outstanding outcome for your film. Congratulations. I really thought the film is terrific."

- Ray Brown, Fillmore Film Commission.

"A fantastic, retro, timeless master piece. I bought a copy of the film and have watched it three times. It is FANTASTIC! Well edited, superb acting and great directing"
    - Eric Vigil, photographer.

" You did not just touch my heart, you went straight through it! Growing up in Sweden on American Graffiti and dreams of the 50´s I have seen just about every movie ever made that included any of that, and this movie of yours is the best one I have ever seen.

Thank You so very much for fighting for your dream, it was well worth it and you will inspire many, many people. This movie will be known forever as one of the big ones, and frankly, I think you just started an avalanche."

- Peter Place, classic car collector / trader

----------------------------------------------------------------------

" Great movie! There wasn't a dry eye in the house!"

- Ron Main, SIDEWINDERS President.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The ride was long , but after seeing the film my ride meant nothing. I am very grateful that you came up with a fantastic film. I enjoyed watching you on the other side of the tracks. I wanted to say hello, although I knew you had too much to do up to your head . Admittingly you picked out the right people for the movie. Timothy Luke and the others did a very awesome job. I was not aware that he was the main guy in the film when he shook my hand. Thank you for the great wonderful movie you guys have delivered color in this black and white world. " - Sir Spencer Simon

NOTE: I believe the gentleman above drove down from Canada? But not 100% sure.

Anywhoo, would be nice to make it a yearly event / 50's celebration.

Yesterday I got a very nice phone call from Paul Le Mat's manager (Paul plays Milner in American Graffiti) who congratulated me on the film, he was very excited about it and we talked for a long time. :) That was way cool.

Here are the first of the car photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sled

sled

No words can ever describe the fullfilled dream came true...you really deserve it after the hard sweating years..congrats from Mexico ,muy bien hecho ,felicidades Faith

9. fat141

fat141

Looking forward to my DVD. Thank you
    Rod

10. How many cast members are signing the pre ordered DVD's?

I would rather watch Deuce of Spades on Thanksgiving than the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade,,hint,hint!:D HRP

11. Just ordered a bunch of DVD's for me and my friends! Cant wait to see it :D

12. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

It's 4 signatures per DVD. But we have a LOT of DVDs to sign. The film is very popular, worldwide. :D All DVDs will be done with signing process by Sunday night. I hope to ship as may as 500 DVDs a day starting Monday... Maybe I'll need to rent me a semi to take them to the post office HAHA!

And to think I actually thought I'd have a chance to rest for one little day after the Premiere... HA! No such luck. I have spent the last 3 days prepping and then signing for 6 to 9 hours STRAIGHT a day :eek:. We're stopping for nothing. Just loading up each bacth of open cases on the table is an enterprise. I have hired production assistants to get it done fast as it can be done.

13. Faith,,you are one amazing person and I really believe you haven't hit your stride yet!:)

Now,had it not been for the paypal debacle I would have been in the first batch.:rolleyes:HRP

14. Jax2A

Jax2A

By chance is our order number the same as the number of the CD ordered? What I mean is, if my order number is in the 1300's, will mine be shipped in the third batch?... I hope....:D

15. Graystoke

Graystoke

What about us, the poor deprived folks on the East Coast. We don't have any fun. I think you should have a showing at the historic Colonial Theater in Phoenixville PA.......Home of "THE BLOB"

16. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

First off, the event and the movie were a big success, second the whole thing went off without a hitch, thanks to everyone. Now I want to say I have been to Fillmore for car shows and they always draw a big crowd, down the road a few miles Santa Paula has a once a month Cruise Night which is a big success also. Why not get Fillmore to do the same thing, the street is perfect for it. It would sure help the merchants and give us a new Cruise Night venue. The movie theater could show vintage hot rod movies maybe, and re-show Deuce Of Spades.

17. hell yea!!! Faith to put it in simple terms YOU RULE!!!

18. RatBone

RatBone

Fillmore would be awesome! Can't wait for the DVD!!!

19. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Bill Hines rules..living legend

[​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

20. LongT

LongT

Sounds like a good place to me!!!

Ooooopps wrong quote. Phoenixville Pa would be a good place.

Also 19th Street Theater in Allentown plays limited run/art movies. Nowhere much for cars like at the Premiere though.

Bill

21. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Ryan, thank you for allowing Faith to post this one on the "regular" board. Also, thanks for a forum on the "side boards" to chat with the fellow Hambers about this movie. I have been following it since forever!

Faith, thank you for the determination to follow your dream through. Also, thank you for including two of "our" living legends in the movie. Also thank you for introducing us to future stars! My wife and I will be honored to be high on the credits list, we would loved to have been at the premiere. As anxious as we are to see the movie, we know it takes time for a quality product and we know the final result will be worth the wait.

22. That Tudor rules!
    [​IMG]

23. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Faith, my 2 cents ... making this an annual event at Filmore would rock the town year after year, not only would you help the historic district stay fresh, there are ton of hot rodders that could plan in advance to be there in 2011 that missed this year. Although I'm 150% sure you'd have repeat fans from this year be the first to reserved their parking space :D I vote "I" for Filmore 2011 :cool: Girl ... Lock the date with the King Mayor and all the Kingsmen ;) and the world will come see DOS at Filmore Again!

24. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

SOunds temptig in deed, I'll check into it as soon as I am done with shipping DVDs.

EVERYBODY there wants us back and EVERYBODY who attended (as far as I have heard, so far) all want to come back!! So let's see what happens ...

MEANWHILE.....

A first batch of DVDs is being dropped off at the USPO in a couple hours :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ahead of schedule by a few days :eek: which, in film business, is pretty much unheard of LOL... Got to tell you it is a lot of work signing these DVDs. I am all done, so is Tim but we still have Lex (BETTIE) and Kyle (ART) this week-end coming back to sign a couple thousand more, cause they couldn't get them all done in one day. Several hundreds of DVDS are already signed by everybody and ready to go, and that's what we are starting to ship today. I will continue to pack more envelopes today and tomorrow with a big trip to the post office (can anyone loan me a semi? LOL) MOnday.

The fans are on pins and needles, all around the globe. I can only imagine how many BIG SMILES the discovery of the package, in mail boxes across the world, is going to trigger.

Sure would have been nice to have a candid camera in those mailboxes and film it all LOL.

25. I will anxiously check my mail box next week!:):)

26. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

I played the DVD for my wife (me too) tonight and low and behold she liked it. Usually she does not like my Hot Rod movies but this one she not only liked the story but the quality of the movie and the acting she said were very good. I guess Faith, you got a hit on your hands so run with it so everyone can see it.

27. That Tudor, is actually a Chevy Coach.:rolleyes: Faith, I'm so happy for you, that this has all worked out.

28. fat141

fat141

29-30 model,with a Dodgie brothers grill, methinks
    Yeah ???
    Rod

29. Congrats -I too have been wondering whatever happened-if it was getting done.
    I wish I could have been there as well !!
    cant wait to see it - now I just have to find out how to get it.
    glad you kept the "faith" Faith

30. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Here are few more shots from the signing that followed the second screening.

Here is Gene Winfield autographing the film poster

[​IMG]

here is me, looking like I hav not slept in 4 days (ouch - the Premiere kicked my ass big time - it was a lot of work!)

[​IMG]

Here is Jordan Warren (who plays the juvenile delinquent TOMMY), autogaphing the poster for a young fan:

[​IMG]

I found more car photos :) !! As more fans who took photos send them in I will share them here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.