Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

ATENTION MODERATORS: RYAN GAVE HIS PERMISSION TO POST THIS ANNOUNCEMENT - Thank you.

[​IMG]

DEUCE OF SPADES WORLD PREMIERE INFO

JOIN US FOR THE COOLEST AND MOST AUTHENTIC BACK TO THE FIFTIES CELEBRATION AND RED CARPET EVENT!!

Yes. After four years of hard work, blood, sweat and tears, my film is DONE.
    And Sunday November 14th, 2010 I get to share it with the world for the very first time.
    This is a time for celebration. And not just any kind of celebration: A completely authentic 1950's celebration
    that will make you think you just stepped out of a time machine and into the fifties.
    Wear your best 50's getup and come live the fifties for an entire afternoon in company of the stars and cars of the film.
    An unforgettable day.
    (celebration starts at 11AM and ends at 8PM)

Event is already 90% sold out.
    I don't expect that any tickets will be available the day of the show.

[​IMG]

I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate the fifties and my film than historical Downtown Fillmore. Johnny's very birthplace.
    A town forgotten by time, rich in heritage. I filmed for many months in and around the area and came to fall in love with it. Everything is just as it used to be. Located amidst endless fields and orchards, the quaint little town is but a mere 8 minutes West of Magic Mountain. Simply take the 126 from the 5 interstate and it will lead you straight to downtown Fillmore. (map) On Sunday, November 14th, from 11AM to 8PM, we are rolling back the clocks and it will be 1955 all over again in Fillmore. We will be closing parts of the downtown area to traffic for the event. This is where everything is located: The City Hall, Historical train station and vintage theater. And this is where we are going to hold our World Premiere and back to the Fifties Celebration.
    We request all guests to dress 50's or 40's that day. This is a theme Premiere so have fun with it! It can be as simple as a blue jeans, converse shoes and a white tee or as elaborate as your taste may be. Pony tails or vintage hair style for the ladies and gentlemen, Grease your hair!!

[​IMG]

This is a hot rod film and many of the cars from the film will be there that day, parked right in front of the theater. Many of our fans also own beautiful cars and are bringing them to the Premiere, so expect to see many beautiful pre - 1960 cars and hot rods up and down central avenue - including the Deuce Of Spades 32 roadster (star car of the film) JOHNNY CALLAWAY'S roadster. Have a pre-1960 car? Bring it and we will make sure you have guarantied parking on one of the streets we are closing down to traffic that day. Have a cool car that is post 1959? Bring it too! As I said there should be plenty of regular parking in the immediate vicinity of the pre - 1960 car parking area.
    It is my desire to put owners in touch with each other so that they may join several hot rods and classic cars runs to the event. Meeting points will be
    1- BURBANK: Bob's Big Boy (for those coming from the East or South) 9am departure.
    2- PALMDALE: Starbucks on Rancho Vista (by Lowes) 9am departure.
    3- VENTURA: Jalopy Joe's (for those coming from the North / West) 10am departure.
    4- MOORPARK: Denny's (E. Los Angeles & Miller Parkway) for those wanting to take Grimes Canyon - 10am departure.
    More details will be emailed when we get closer to the event. Currently I am keeping track of who is interested in joining the hot rod run (make sure to indicate whether you are interested in a hot rod run when you buy your Premiere Ticket). If enough cars sign up, we will proceed. So wait for further instructions.

Don't arrive later than 11:30AM because 150 guests will be boarding the train at noon for the meal. Seating on train is pre-assigned so if you miss your train you will not have another chance to eat. Cars leave at the end of event - when we reopen the street to traffic.

[​IMG]

Meet the stars from the film, including lead man TIMOTHY LUKE (Johnny Callaway), JORDAN WARREN (Tommy Miller), KYLE CLIFFORD (Art Delaney) ALEXANDRA HOLDER (Bettie Thompson) and many many more. We are hoping to also be graced with special guests GENE WINFIELD and BILL HINES (both featured in the film), if Gene is not racing at El Mirage that afternoon.

[​IMG]

When it came to picking a theater for my Premiere, I decided to think outside the box. After all, isn't it what making this film was all about, thinking outside the box? So I decided to turn my back on the trendy Hollywood theaters and open my heart to one little fifties theater with a great history: The Towne Theater. Built in 1916 it is said to be one of the oldest continuously running theater in the country!!! Mary Pickford performed vaudeville there back in the day. This is a very old school theater, unpretentious and will be the first ever theater in the world to show my film DEUCE OF SPADES. If all goes well I am hoping to even have a ticket vintage girl and a candy girl there, to really make it like it used to be back in the fifties. The theater seats 300 and we should have two screenings (1PM and 4PM) to accommodate up to 600 guests. I will personally give a small introduction before each screening and there will be a short Q&A afterwards.

Film runtime is 128 minutes - No children under 13 allowed in the theater unless they are part of the cast.

Note: You need a ticket to enter the theater.

[​IMG]

OPTIONAL: All aboard!! In my film and teaser you have seen Johnny Callaway running through a train station. Remember the gorgeous 50's train in that scene? I am very excited to announce that the Fillmore & Western Railway Company will be welcoming us on board that amazing authentic 1950's train (docked at the historical train station a mere 500 yards from the theater) to serve our guests a lovely meal. I had the meal catered by my favorite restaurant of all times and the meal will comprise of a Cesar salad, garlic bread sticks, chicken and a side of pasta, as well as your choice of soft drink, lemonade or water. It wouldn't be a meal without coffee and desert, so I got that covered too :). There will be four separate seating, depending on what wrist ban color you get at check in. Train can seat up to 150 people, so while some are watching the film, the others will eat, and visa versa. Make sure to get the event schedule and map when you check in, everything will be explained in detail on that map. Make sure to not be late to board your train. We have allocated 75 minutes for guests to eat and then all guests must exit the train promptly so the next 150 guests can board and also eat. Thank you for your consideration. Note: Alcoholic beverages will be available on board the train at an additional cost - Please ask your waiter for more details. No alcoholic beverages may leave the train though, so drink up before you go!

Note: You need a ticket to board the train. We offer tickets with the meal option or, for those with limited budget, without.

[​IMG]

If you are not busy watching the film, admiring the cars or eating on board the vintage train you may wonder what else there will be for you to do that day... Wonder no more! Right at the footstep of the City Hall, (located right next to the train) in the town's main square, you will have the opportunity to listen to great live bands, bringing back the era with their doo-wop and 50's rock authentic songs. I am very proud to present, for the first time ever in the US, top Finnish bands MYSTERY TRAIN and KING DRAPES, both featured on the film's soundtrack. They will be flying all the way from Europe to be at the Premiere with us and share their great tunes with you guys. Hailing from our dear Southern California is no other than "LIL' MO AND THE DYNAFLOS" by far one of the best doo-wop bands around today and FLAT TO TOM, wjo's great harp playing is featured in the film teaser. Final line up and schedule has not yet been finalized at the time of this writing but the event map the day of the show will have all the info you need. Band line up subject to change at any time.

Note: You do not need a ticket to enjoy the live bands - this area is open to the public.

[​IMG]

Wait. It gets even BETTER. What is music without dancing? And what is 50's music without some awesome Lindy Hop? Since my film features the Lindy Hops world champions and their friends, it is fair to assume that a few of them will show up and show off their cool moves in front of the City Hall. I have invited the Atomic Cherry Bombs to come perform a couple of their retro 20's, 30's and 40's numbers and hopefully they will also show us what Lindy Hop is all about. So come jive with us!

Note: You do not need a ticket to enjoy the dancing - this area is open to the public.

[​IMG]

Last, but certainly not least, my good friend, world renowned artist TOM FRITZ will be sharing some of his oil paintings, including the two DEUCE OF SPADES original paintings. The exhibit will take place at the GIESSINGER WINERY, located right behind the City Hall, next to the trains. A mere 20 seconds walk from the live band area. So not only will you get to see Tom's beautiful art (depicting 50's hot rods in action) but you can also do some wine tasting. This is a nice establishment and they are very excited to welcome us that day. Please support the winery. They are reasonably priced and I was told the wine tasting that day may include some complimentary goat cheese and bread, etc.

Note: You do not need a ticket to enjoy the exhibit and wine tasting. The winery does charge for the wine tasting. Exhibit is free.

Well kids, that wraps it up. Please visit the official DEUCE OF SPADES website for more info on the event or the film itself.

To all the cool Hambers who supported this film over the last few years, I can't wait to share the final feature with you!

Blessings,

FAITH GRANGER
    Filmmaker.

[​IMG]

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Congratulations on completing your movie, from what I've seen you worked pretty hard on it.

3. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Congratulations.

4. Anderson

Anderson

all the rockasilly's are gonna love it!

5. RussTee

RussTee

looking forward to it hope it makes it to New Zealand soon I know you have gone overboard to make it authentic congratulations what we now call hotrodding started here at about that time. The car club formed about 1955 Rodbenders formed 1958 however they were formed from rods already on the streets.

6. Can't wait to see it!!

7. Toner283

Toner283

Can't wait to see it. Unfortunately I am too far away to see the premier, I will have to wait for my DVD copy.

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Wish I could be there! Have one for me... :cool:

Stevie

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

I can't make it there,... But I am really looking forward to seeing it,... Congratulations Faith !

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sounds like a must see event,congratulations

11. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Congrats! Can't wait to see it. A co worker of mine worked on it with you, she's the one who turned me on to it. :)

12. Congrats on being done and I hope the premier goes well. Will there be a downloadable version out soon?

13. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Well it's about time!:eek: Just kidding folks. I've been looking forward to this for a long time and man, I wish I was in California. How cool would it be to make one of the runs to the show. I hope it's everything you wanted and more my friend. Good luck and thanks for hanging in there and not giving up. I know things got rough for a while but you pulled though it. Maybe you can debute (sp?) it in Austin during the Round up. How cool would that be? Ya'll have fun and let us know how it goes OK? Oh, how can I get a CD?

Edit: Nevermind I found the order department.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I went and paid for a DVD when they first went up for sale last year . Can't wait till it comes so I can watch it a few times . Going to be a great movie !
    Congrats to the entire film crew and cast Deuce of Spades !
    You have finally done it !

Retro Jim

15. moefuzz

moefuzz

Right On Faith!!

I'm Glad To See That This Was Followed Thru With!

Cuz It Wasn't So Very Long Ago That I Remember
    Reading About All The Dreams Of Some Silly Girl
    And How She Was Crazy For Trying.

Nuff Said

Congrates, How Do I Order My Copy (as promised
    some time back) And Have It Sent To Canada ?

Oh, And Maybe Get It Autographed ???

Faith?

????

I had faith, I Was Sold Years Ago On This Project, In Fact
    I Was Cruizen The HAMB The Other Day
    And Wondering Exactly
    Why?
    Why?

Why Haven't We Heard Any Thing From Faith About The
    Deuce of Spades Movie Update???

Why?
    ?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why???

Anyway, Congrates!

Faith!
    Congrates On Keeping Your Promise [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Congates on Finishing The Movie -(Despite All The Na-Sayers)..

Congrates! On The Cinematography!!!!!!!

Faith,
    CoNgRaTeS!!!!

(or should we call you georgia lucas)

I See A Hit

Nuff Said....

moe

16. moefuzz

moefuzz

.....The Preview!......
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/7642629" width="400" frameborder="0" height="225"></iframe>

Check out the cinematography, a lot of this was shot in very low light
    with what looks (and mimics??) 1963 Techniscope(a wider angle) ,
    (which is all quite similar to how American Graffiti was originally shot in 1974
    (((Tecniscope was high tech and is period correct for many many of the movies that
    you and I watched during the ~1963 to ~1974 time frame))))

FanTastic! (Congrates Go Out To Faith!)
    DEUCE OF SPADES - Revamped Film teaser!!!! from Faith Granger on Vimeo.

17. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Ordered the DVD last week. Cant wait to see it. May have to have a movie party when it arrives.

18. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You will all think the Hot Rods Raced thru your living room with the amazing sound, hold onto your beverages when they come thru, the rumble will knock you off your seats! :D:cool: ......... Faith, you know how I feel! KUDDO'S to you, and all the Cast and Crew, its been an amazing journey!

19. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

You got me curious, who's your co-worker?

Well, currently everybody is chasing after my film, you probably know Netflix listed it on their site months and months before it was released, they didn't even ask me if I wanted to have the film on Netflix LOL, they just snatched it and ran with it :rolleyes:... But it will not be available on Netflix for a looong loong time probably, and doubtful I will have a downloadable version in the near future, because either of above would come once the film DVD sale momumtum has died off a bit. There is also TV rights, way down the road... But for now the focus is DVD release, worldwide, with a limited number of gig screen showings at select theaters in conjunction with the car show circuit, film festival circuit etc. The goods news is the DVD is ALL REGION, meaning any country DVD player can play it. It's also in 24 progressive format, looking more like film :) and features subtitles in 9 foreign languages because the film already has a cult following in just about any country you could think about (and even a few I didn't know existed LOL)

Damn, I'm telling you Aman, it felt like the film woud never be done, if I had ANY idea of just HOW MUCH freakin work making a quality period feature film was going to take, I would have never even started writing the script LOL. So it's a good thing I didn't know. My ignorance saved me, I dived in at the deep end of the pool and now have become a full fledged filmmaker (and got the SONY endorsement :eek: to prove it) with a cult film on my hand... Worse thing could have happened LOL.

But I tell ya! I really did work 24/7 on this for 4 years. And put everything on the line for it.

20. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Hey Mo, can you edit your posts and make them normal size letters? Many thanks :), I think one of my eye ball fell out of its socket while I was trying to read them LOL...

21. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I've preordered my copy, I wish I could make it to the premier

22. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

I have been waiting a long time too. I'm really looking forward to seeing your movie. I probably missed it, or was not paying attention, can you tell us one more time how to go about purchasing a copy? Thanks, and good luck!

23. Congratulations! This is just AWESOME! I can't wait to see it.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I have a very small investment in this movie....but hugely proud of what it has become...."Keep the Faith"

25. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Goose bumps, and yes "I get it" :D;)

26. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Stacy Ramsey. I've never met her in person since we work halfway across the country from each other but we email back and forth all day long.I mentioned one day that I like beating and hammering on old cars and she told me about the movie. I can't wait! :)

27. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!! Looking forward to watching the movie.

28. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Just order the double copy package, going to give one to a friend for helping me with my cars. He'll love it. Can't wait to see it, maybe it and my 2 copies of "Hot Rod" will come the same day.......

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

cool and congrats on compleating it.

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Faith, I am very happy for you. I know it is a big deal indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.