Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Deuce Of Spades, Behind The Scenes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, Oct 20, 2015.

1. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Got an email from Faith Granger saying she is coming out with a DVD of the making of her movie Deuce Of Spades. She is still making it but accepting pre orders. if it is same quality of the movie it will be good. Here is a link to You Tube.

509garyd and Rich B. like this.
  2. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

That looks cool as hell.

3. Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. She needs to get back on here at least to say Hello now and again.:)

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I thought I ordered a copy of the behind the scenes when I got the first e mail about it..?? If I got it I never watched it and don't know where I put it...Arg!!

6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Anywhere a guy can find the movie online?

7. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

8. All that is available on line is the trailer and a few behind the scenes video's.

Faith sells the video's,they are not expensive and the movie is well made. HRP

9. Fedman

Fedman

Yeah..... Very disappointing, come here when it is in your best interest (Money) and then gone until the next time it is in her best interest.
    I am very glad that most of us here on a regular basis are not here for the Money, but for the love of the Hobby and to help each other.

Murphy32, thirtytwo and X38 like this.
  10. prpmmp

prpmmp

That may be true or that She is very busy with life itself!! I,m retired and I don,t have much free time (in between naps) to be on the computer. Pete

11. I joined the social group, and saw a few get annoyed that she only jumped on to sell her product, but I'll bet she's real busy, and doesn't need groupies. Haha.
    Fact is, its a cool movie, one you can watch with your woman, and she will love it too.
    There was talk of a second movie.

12. All in all,Faith accomplished what she set out to do,make a hot rod movie and she did a great job. HRP

LOU WELLS and brokenspoke like this.
  13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I agree 100% . She did a damn good job.

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

I was wondering what happened to her?

15. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Like Ed Roth said once....You ain't done shit til you've made something out of nothing. She accomplished quite a feat making that movie. I bought a copy myself. It's really good. There's a lot of people here with half finished projects (me included) but she finished hers. Good on her.

LOU WELLS and brad2v like this.
  16. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Im sure making that film was huge accomplishment and a testament to her determination to complete a major undertaking.

As a purchaser of her film, i will say i thought it was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. it made hot rods seem boring.

Still ive never made a film. Ao im not saying i could do better. But yeah. So crap.

thommoina33 likes this.
  17. A great movie and my opinion is that any movie that has real hot rods in it is a winner in my eyes regardless of the story line. Bring on a sequel I say.

18. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I have to agree with Fedman, to me, Faith was a little self serving. She was on all the forums when she was asking for volunteers and our support in getting the movie made, but once that happened she was gone.I have never wanted to see the movie because of what I saw her doing.

I know a lot of you think she is great, but I just never cared for her attitude much. Sorry, just how I feel.

Don

Murphy32, seadog and X38 like this.
  19. exterminator

exterminator

I say good for her to accomplish something that some only dream of.you don't know her schedule,much less her life.I wouldn't judge her! Good for you Faith.

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

A little self serving? She was the ultimate spammer.

I have heard its a decent flick but I refuse to watch it.

X38 likes this.
  21. flynstone

flynstone

thank you,.....................got every thing for almost nothing...then dropped everyone like a hot rock...user I think is the word....

X38 likes this.
  22. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

When Faith started the movie project, I was like "sure another Hot Rod Movie that wont get done". I had been approached by a few 'file makers' to use my 40 and one movie actually shot most of the scenes but never made it to the can. But when Faith asked to use our Ute we had some spare time and said sure. At the shoot I saw that she was serious, and a serious film make working on a nothing budget has to be focused on getting the project completed.
    During a break in filming, and she had access to Hollywood equipment, not just the family vid camera or a Blair Witch hand held crap. I asked to look at the script, and I noticed some problems with dialog, phrases that would not have been used. I made some suggestions that she and the actors, in their twenties, respected and actually made changes. Remember she is not from these parts, so much of what she based the film on is period Hot Rod Films, and you know how accurate they are.
    I am closet film maker and until you sit at an editing table for weeks cutting, and blending, and timing music you cannot appreciate what is involved.
    And then to distribute the film is another thing.
    Was it a "Great" Hot Rod Movie? It was no Rebel Without a Cause, but it was as good as some of the stuff I have seen at the Theater,, to the young, a theater is a large room where the film is shown at real size not your phone or 35 inch TV and in the old days,, no one talked during the show, or played War Craft.

509garyd and HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM like this.