I haven't posted on here for nearly three years, so I thought it was time I contributed something. Maybe not the most useful thread, but I know we all like to look at frames and chassis getting put together. So here goes... I took a pair of JW rails I had on hand and some channel I had folded up a few years back and set about putting a frame together. The general idea is to make it inspectionworthy (green light from rego authorities here) while keeping some early Ford flavour. I bent the channel to the same angles as 35-40 frames because I may want to go with original pedals. Apart from that, if I need to settle on and angle, a Ford one is as good as any! A basic jig was next on the agenda. I know lots of guys here ask about them, I made this out of 4x2 and 2x1 box and clamped it at a good working height on horses. I'd also cut boxing plates when I made the channel, so once the rails were in position and body nuts were in place I set about putting them on. I used the corner to corner join method. JW rails. They get asked about and here's my take: I set the jig up using Wescott and other frame dimensions. The rails worked out very well with no dramas. The puzzle all went together as it should. With the frame boxed I did some head scratching and came up with a design for a centre to tie the channel together. The arch is is big enough to clear any number of transmissions. But first some forming and welding... It's going to sit in place like this. Still with some flanges to add. I made a pair of these thingies to reinforce the channel where the gearbox crossmember bolts on. It will be bolted from below for easy removal/servicing. On the backside of the centre section I made up these pieces of channel to strengthen the whole shebang. So far it's all loose. Still to come are flanged oval holes in the x-member legs and a few other things and weld it all up before I take it out of the jig. More to come after that. Apart from cleaning the whole thing up I don't know what that is yet.