Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Days 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fitnessguy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Yeah I have not been there before, it looks nice. It would all depend on the extra hotel cost and all that and when I can book a ferry.

Already doing 6 days travel round trip, and the vacation budget is smashed as I’m taking the family to disneyworld in the fall, so this trip is suffering budgetary restraints. Though I definitely want to give myself at least an extra day out there.

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Those motel rates really spike during Deauce Days. Last spring we went over for a three day get away. The place we like to stay at quoted us 3X the price for DD time frame. So we just park at the ferry, walk on, and use transit to get downtown. I was hoping to be able to drive my '32 there this year but it looks like it won't happen. Maybe when you get closer we can meet up?

Fry likes this.
  3. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Look at airbnb that’s how I booked for this year. I got a one bedroom condo with secure underground parking for a lot less than half the hotels around and I’m a couple blocks from the harbour. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Just sittin here thinking about the upcoming Northwest Deuce Days (less than 120 days away now) and thought I’d bump this thread to see if folks would start loading pics of the rides they’ll be driving.
    I’m trying to finish a Tudor in time, but will likely be in the roadster this go round.

4A4B336C-7B4E-4424-B8AC-83C17A419E22.jpeg

She’ll have her hood sides back on for the drive as I hate cleaning bug guts off the ivory firewall, and I’m hoping the roof won’t be needed but getting through the mountains without rain is usually a pipe dream even in July.
    Cheers and safe travels to all fellow participants.

5. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

3F94CC88-8CEE-4B6E-B4E3-ED73AB599CD9.jpeg Thought about bumping this thread again as well.
    I did some shake down runs with the warm spring we had here for a few days. I was able to get about 100 miles on it and am getting more confident about taking it 1000 miles out to Victoria in July.

loudbang, Stogy and Fitnessguy like this.
  6. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Busy waiting for clean roads so I can get as much seat time as possible. Have a bunch of events on the list this year starting in May so she should be shook down pretty good for July.
    IMG_8129.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, Stogy and Fry like this.
  7. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing it on the road.....nice job!

Fitnessguy and loudbang like this.