Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures "Deuce coupe" the movie 1992

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jandiel, Mar 18, 2010.

1. jandiel

jandiel
    from Lillooet

Anybody know where I can get a copy of the 1992 movie "Deuce Coupe" It was apparently released on DVD in 2008 but can't find a copy up here in Canada to save my life. Any help would be appreciated! J.

2. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

3. ive never heard of this movie is it good ? or just a lame artsy piece of crap

4. It was a low-budget copy of American Graffitti made in the Tidewater, VA area that I don't thin was ever released in theaters. Here's it is on internet movie database (IMDB) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104094/ .

Alan Thorton (Flatlander's Hot Rods) once told me he was involved in it. HAMBer "Jack&Deuces" could probably fill in the details.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. delirium

delirium

57ford/60thunderbird ... i remember it as being rather touching if not a little pedantic. but i was young. the reviewers on imdb seem to have enjoyed it.

jandiel ... I was an extra on the Doumar's set. and also have been looking for a copy of this movie. Wanna watch my super duper nerdy close-up again.

Just Gary ... the movie was released in the US sometime around 1995. I saw it at Regal Cinemas in Chesapeake, VA. Not sure how widespread the distribution was.

6. never heard of this one

7. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Note to self - look up 'pedantic' :rolleyes:

belair and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. I have a copy if anybody is interested.

9. cruzr

cruzr

speaking of movies, anyone know when Faith is gonna ship out her movie, she's had my money for a long time?

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

She told me it would be soon. She is all done now. I saw the film at a test screening and loved it!

11. the flatlander

the flatlander

still need a dvd of the Deuce Coupe movie ? I have a few , NOT knock offs or copies. I built the Coupe in 1989 & 90. dvd $ 35 + shp. 100% guarantee ! Alan email: [email protected] thx.

12. the flatlander

the flatlander

Hey fans, I was finally able to get a few "real" dvds of Deuce Coupe. Took 2 years ! A few left $35 + shp. 100% guaranteed (not knock offs or copies) p/s just for grins, the guy that bought it from the guy that bought it is restoring it to it's movie excellence (?). Doubt it will make another "date" movie. We had fun building the coupe in '89 & 90. (In 27 days !) The movie looks better w/ time, what did u expect from a couple of lawyers ?? Alan email: [email protected]

belair likes this.
  13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's been a couple years. I'm guessing he either got it or no longer cares.

14. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

15. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

just watched for the first time. first 20 min i was thinking it was pretty lame. honestly by the end i thought it was halfway decent. no american graffiti but if thats what youre looking for out of any film but the original, youll be depressed. its on youtube if anyone wants to watch it. cool cars

HunterYJ likes this.
  16. the flatlander

the flatlander

hey dude, you're killing my retail …….. :- )