Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama Roll Call..........Meet and Greet info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Ok.End of day one. [​IMG]

Need sleep...Must find out about the Barnett thing.....Hope Dan has my sign......need sleep [​IMG]

2. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

FOCKERS! Chris50 and Mojo66 bailed on me. [​IMG] I'm not going to be in a driving mood after working a trade show all day on Friday. I'm out.

FOCKERS...

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My sister is going to be very disappointed [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not to mention, I'm bummed out. [​IMG]

4. Yeah, I wanted to see the lampshade in person, after the pix you had during Denise's party. [​IMG] [​IMG]

You'll hafta come up this summer, to be an inaugerated gay bitch wannabe!

Jay

5. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]

The old farts from Midland will be there Thursday morning. Can't wait [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes, and I'll be there with them. Somebody has to see to it they take their medications. [​IMG]

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

[ QUOTE ]
    My sister is going to be very disappointed [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not to mention, I'm bummed out. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Denise, tell your sister not to be disappointed... I can do that in person later. We will make the trek up one of these days... and you'll get that hug! [​IMG]

...and the lampshade will come with me...

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A few teasers photos from tonite.

[​IMG]

Guess who's primer truck has a paint job now? [​IMG] Paint sure didn't make it any more appealing.

[​IMG]

VooDoo Child has some new lines on his deck lid. Awesome doesn't even start to describe the job Jeff did!

[​IMG]

Very cool looking track nose roadster

[​IMG]

Interior of the track nose roadster. Can someone please explain what that thing is coming out of the firewall. No one was around the car for me to ask

[​IMG]

Came back a few minutes later and the whole front end was off the car.

[​IMG]

8. Thats the distributor.Actually it looks like a Magneto.
    Instead of having it stick up on the back of the motor,like everyone else in the whole world,he's got a 90 degree drive with it sticking out the back.

Looks like an after thought.

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Mag-neeto... picture it with spark plug wires coming out of it. Not too much firewall clearance...

Hey, snap me a shot of the Million dollar Willys, will ya? I know its a red 39 with a $70,000 exotic wood display. Will have the name Oconnell Specialties as builder, thanks!

(damn, Unkl Ian is fast!)

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks guys. Makes since now.

and no Mike I'm not. Your going to have to come here and snap those photos yourself [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. [ QUOTE ]
    Came back a few minutes later and the whole front end was off the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

....well, that seems like shoddy workmanship! Sheesh...you'd think for that kind of money they could figure out how to keep it attached. [​IMG]

12. I'll bring extra tape.

13. Oh yeah...Rudy, I'm bringing the sho card with me. Just finished packing that and my brushes. Oh boy-oh boy!!! [​IMG]

14. [ QUOTE ]
    Thats the distributor.Actually it looks like a Magneto.
    Instead of having it stick up on the back of the motor,like everyone else in the whole world,he's got a 90 degree drive with it sticking out the back.

Looks like an after thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's Tom Gale's roadster if I remember correctly.There was a write up on that car in one mag awhile ago.He's been building it for something like twenty years or the like.MEGA DOLLARS.
    The Starbird Corvair belongs to a friends brother in law.Saw it at a local show a couple years ago.I think it has about a hundred miles on it since new.Chuck Leighton's really nice 57 Ford in back of it.I just did a cartoon rendering of it yesterday.(pic included).See ya tomorrow!
    Ray

15. I thought that was Chuck's car.

16. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

No, that's not Tom Gale's car, Gale's car was a '34 Ford roadster with a Mopar motor in it,...that is what's his name's car...Eric???,..used to design for Caddilac, he designed Cadzilla, built that chopped '55 Buick,(flat black with a yellow roof),...it was in Rodders Digest, they actually dropped the roof straight down into the car, built it over in Canada,...shit!, I can't think of his name!...

...anyways, that car is a steel '32 CHEVY roadster, one of those ExperiMetal bodies, that's a Potvin, front mounted 6-71, and, yes, that is the magneto, and no, it wasn't an afterthought, the car was designed, and planned, and moved from here in the Detroit area to the left coast several times before it was finally finished.

17. Larry Erickson(sp) worked for Caddy,last I heard he was with Chrysler.
    That car was in Hot Rod maybe a year ago.

The Buick was built in Windsor by Jim Bailie,
    I'll stop in a visit him on the way to Cobo.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Even though the photo didn't turn out very good I thought I'd post it anyway since there seems to be alot of interest in the little Roadster.

[​IMG]

Ray, are you talking about the Chuck Leighton from the Flint/Clio area? He has a really nice wife named Sharon I think her name is? He's a director or something in KOA? Oh well, bedtime for me, long day ahead of me.

19. Same one Denise.Chuck's wife is Jeanine and they are nice people.We've been good friends for a long while.Have to put a small stripe on the bumper of the car;they had the chrome flake so they painted it.See ya!
    Ray

20. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

LARRY ERICKSON !!! Thanks Unk, that's it! I knew there was an "Eric" in there somewhere! I believe he's actually the head of GM design now, graduating from Cadillac. I met him when the car was up at Dan Webb's place for awhile, Dan did alot of fabrication on the car.

21. [ QUOTE ]
    No, that's not Tom Gale's car, Gale's car was a '34 Ford roadster with a Mopar motor in it,...that is what's his name's car...Eric???,..used to design for Caddilac, he designed Cadzilla, built that chopped '55 Buick,(flat black with a yellow roof),...it was in Rodders Digest, they actually dropped the roof straight down into the car, built it over in Canada,...shit!, I can't think of his name!...

...anyways, that car is a steel '32 CHEVY roadster, one of those ExperiMetal bodies, that's a Potvin, front mounted 6-71, and, yes, that is the magneto, and no, it wasn't an afterthought, the car was designed, and planned, and moved from here in the Detroit area to the left coast several times before it was finally finished.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Ian I knew it was one of those guys!Shit my mind is definitely deteriorating.Here's a pic of the Buick taken at the Wings,Wheels,and Spokes show last October.

22. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i'm excited now! CherryBlossom and i were sick as hell all day wednesday but we started feeling better towards the night. we slept all day, so now it's after 2:30am and i'm WIIIIDE awake. did'nt help the dog wanted out at 1am. i think he was bored cause he slept most of the day with us.
    my whole damn body hurts from laying down for so long. i hope i can walk tommarow. i'll prolly get real tired about the time we need to get ready to go.

see ya'll soon...

23. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

WOW! Thanks HRLC for the teaser pics. I can see it's gonna a fun day today. [​IMG]

24. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

...little update,(for anyone that cares),...Larry Erickson currently works for Ford, and apparently had alot to do with the look of the new "retro-'60's-styled" Mustangs....

25. Great pic's!!!!....got the heart rate up already....see at the show.

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Yeah... thanks for rubbing it in... [​IMG]

I lightened that last pic for ya!

27. beatnik

beatnik

Just got home from Autorama move-in.

Roadstar, Thanks for the move-in pass!

Hotrodladycrusr, Thanks for coordinating the meet and great and the yummie cookies!

The HAMBers ruled Cobo, must have been 40 of us there, It was great seeing everyone again.

Mostly the same old thing with a few really HAMBy cars like Roadstar's 40 (Voodoo Child), but well worth it cause I finally got to see the Khougaz Roadster in person. This car is a Hotrod.

28. Did anyone notice where the Pinstripers would be setup?

It would be nice to save an hour walking around looking for it.

29. Hope somebodys still around on Sunday! It's the only time I can make it. Anyone know the hours for Sunday?

30. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Great time at Cobo today...picked up RocketJ2 and his buddy and headed down there at about 12:30.

Saw Beatnik drooling over that wicked blue roadster, and caught up with Donzie about the same time. Lotta cool cars hidden amongst the boring stuff...checked out many 49-54 Chevs, including a wildly chopped dark blue four door fastback, among others.

Spent some time resting up with Fab32, Fuel Pump, Hatch, Hot Rod To Hell, Kritz, Kustombuilder, Cherry Blossom, Flathead Pete, Baby-Momma, Tiny Elvis, Fast Elvis, Safariknut, Mr Gasser, Brush, and of course Denise and Rudy in the impromptu "HAMBers Lounge" area behind Roadstar's SWEET black 40!!!

The time flew by, and we all had a blast...thanks again to Denise and Roadstar for the passes and always perfect hospitality...it was WAY COOL of you to set us up with passes!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]