Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Detroit Autorama 2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by derbydad276, Jan 1, 2020.

1. derbydad276

derbydad276

So... who else is gonna be there besides me ?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have a link to show to post?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 38mag

38mag

I'll be there in the Basement

4. 27 Tall T

27 Tall T
    from Butler Pa.

See you in the Basement

5. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

planning on being there with the streamliner project. I will be in the basement

Inthemitten, Rich B. and jim32 like this.
  6. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I am going to Autorama Feb.28-March 1. Driving from NWI to Detroit at this time of year can be a hassle, so this year we are going by TRAIN. We leave Friday morning at 8:30 from Michigan City, arrive in Detroit at 1:40 and a 4mile cab ride to the Holliday Express, a 2 block walk to Cobo Hall . The basement will be rocken both nights. We may even take a short side trip to the Henry Ford Museum on Sunday before our train leaves at 6:30 to retune to Michigan City at 9:11 PM.
    I hope to have some pictures to share in March. By the way, round trip Amtrak fare for 2 is $144.40 .

Ranchero59, Driver50x, Gizzy and 3 others like this.
  7. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

8. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Years ago a buddy of mine from work had a car pro built and it was entered at Detroit Autorama. When I saw him at work after the show and he wondered why He didn't see me there as I was there most of the weekend and when I went around his car he was always gone. I told him I spent most of my time in the basement. He looked at me puzzled for a minute then said," they have a basement?".

9. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I've heard that sort of comment before. It's really two different shows. Upstairs is serious car show stuff. Downstairs is like a party and way more fun.

10. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

11. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

I think my friend Bill Rinaldi said it best."The basement---Wow-- what a Hoot that basement was!! Single finger Speed Shop was a show in itself! It was like an indoor Hunert Car Pileup!!"

12. Dogpatchcustoms

Dogpatchcustoms

I'll be there in the basement with singlefinger and the guys.
    We'll have my Uncertain t clone and Fritz Schenck s Beatnik bandit clone set up

Attached Files:

13. I go every year..it’s been kind of quiet regarding the show, featured builder, etc...saw the dates and that’s about it.

14. How do you apply to get in?

15. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

You can download entry forms at autorama.com. But it might be kind of late.

16. I found it. I have until January 15th to get the form sent in. There are two different entry forms one each for upstairs or downstairs. I'm sending in the form for the basement. I did the upstairs some years ago. It seemed like there was more fun happening on the lower level. Weather permitting the nitro coupe will be there.

Driver50x, Tim, pprather and 2 others like this.
  17. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Yeah, WAY more fun in the basement. Live music, art, lots to see.

18. my son lives in Clarkeston. we do a big breakfast at petes then do the show. after the show we go to greek town for pizza one night the other night we find a place downtown to eat at. it can get a little rough depending on were you go.

19. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Downtown is changing. Midtown is booming. People all over, walking, riding bikes. Families, kids! It's different now. Yeah, you still get panhandlers.

20. the big D kicks ass. I like to go there for road kill nights; mopar employees car show and the dream cruise. my son and I have spent some time visiting many historic car places when im there.

lothiandon1940 and Driver50x like this.
  21. Haven’t been in a while. I miss the show but not the weather

lothiandon1940 and 57Custom300 like this.
  22. I will take my weather any day compared to fires; earthquakes; homelessness and liberals any day. The snow eventually melts.

23. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

I showed in basement last year, was a good time, showing at the roadster show in Pomona this year. but probably will go to cobo to ck it out.

Ranchero59 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

We are coming over from uk for the first time,looking forward to it and counting down the days,any tips,do’s or don’t’s. Few mates have said to avoid parts of Detroit,is it still like that? Any recommendations where to stay will be greatly appreciated,cheers Steve

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Plan to be there on Friday

26. Greek town is cool. We plan on making a trip over to hitsville were all of the Motown music was made. It's about 10 minutes from the show. Detroit has alot of cool car history. There are threads on it. Just stay out of the bad neighborhoods. They will be easy to spot. Safe travels stop by and introduce yourselves.

27. Really not a lot of issues Downtown...I can give ya a list of stuff to do..ya gonna have a car? PM me I’ll give ya the skinny

28. derbydad276

derbydad276

My 53 dodge will be in the Basement with Single Finger ... can help you navigate
    interesting reading ...
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ogy-trip-planned.1156948/page-4#post-13200014

29. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Thanks for all your help and tips so far,autorama has always on the bucket list,counting the days down to another great road trip!!

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  30. 9200 IH

9200 IH

Coming from up north in Michigan. Been to Autorama twice and never been in the basement. I really want to find it this time. There isn't suppose to be any dumb questions so here goes. How do you get to the basement? Is it marked on the walls somewhere? Only one place to enter? Point me in the right direction.

Thanks Mike

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.