Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Area Chrome Plater

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fms427, Apr 17, 2011.

1. fms427

fms427

Anyone know any good chrome platers in Detroit area - or within a few hours of Detroit ?? Good as in quality at a reasonable price. Actually, its small stuff, so could probably send it somewhere a little further away. Thanks - Stan

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

You might want to check with ChromePlaterJosh, here on the HAMB. Stu

3. Motor City

Motor City
    from Michigan

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

5. Micro Platers on Van Born in Wayne, Mi.

6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

A-W Custom Chrome
    17726 East 9 Mile Road
    Eastpointe, MI 48021-2565
    (586) 775-2040 ‎

7. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I had a business that had a lot of show quality plating done. Sometimes we did the polishing and buffing ourselves, but in most cases not. At one time or another I have tried most of the chrome platers past and present in the area, and some others as well. That includes Silvertone in Ypsilanti, GEM, Fini, Warren, Norbrook, ABC in Waterford, Acme in Lansing, A-W, Hajar, Comet, and a few more I can't remember the names of. Some of those shops did good work some of the time, and didn't loose too many parts, but only a couple of those shops still existing could consistently provid good quality and service. Norbrook does good work, but last I knew no longer take in work off the street. A few miles from from Norbrook is A-W on 9 Mile Rd. I didn't use A-W a lot with my business because I normally needed large jobs turned around in a week to ten days. Their small shop couldn't have done that even if no one there slept. But, everything they have done for me, and everything done for someone I sent there, has always been good. They are a small shop that has intentionally stayed small. The "old man" (now retired) found that quality suffered when they tried to get bigger, so they stayed with what worked for them, and the partner/son has continued with that. Their prices aren't cheap, but are fair for the quality of work they do. If their turn-around meets your needs I'm not afraid to recommend them.

So short version of the above, definitely +1 for A-W.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  8. fms427

fms427

Up for the weekday crowd.

Thanks, guys - and gal - for the input so far.

9. 34hemipu

34hemipu

I use ABC in waterford , mainly because they're close , but have been happy with their work . Pretty fast turnaround .

Mike

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Before I started using Advanced Plating I used a local company call

B&L Plating, Inc.
    21353 Edom
    Warren, MI 48089 (586) 778-9300 - fax: (586) 773-4366
    586-778-9300

A father/son operation. Good quality, real nice guys.