Register now to get rid of these ads!

desoto grill mock-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead fred, Jan 13, 2008.

1. flathead fred

flathead fred

So I got the middle 9 teeth modified and bracketed, still need to make mounts for the outside teeth. Rather tight in the shoebox grill opening to make these work. But it is the Desoto grill or nothing. (sorry for the small photos, my old digital camera is only 1 megapixel, and the zoom is busted)

grill 2.jpg grill 1.jpg grill 3.jpg

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yo datz coool!

3. BOBBY FORD

BOBBY FORD

That really looks bad ass. Every time I find a grill they want a ton for it. Think I will just go stock merc until I can find an idiot that doesn't have a clue and will sell one cheap.:D

4. flathead fred

flathead fred

You have to be super patient, and have great timing, in order to find these Desoto grills, especially if you want the 53 with all 11 teeth. Try a want ad here on the HAMB, that is how I found mine.

5. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Funny quick story. I happened to be at a local scrapyard one day. I am good friends with the owner. They had a '53 4-door Desoto sitting in the lot, complete with grille windows, 6cyl engine. The body was way shot, but had a ton of good parts. First thing I did when I went in the office was ask about it. Norman said they had taken it in on scrap, but didn't want to crush it even though it was rough. I asked what he wanted for it and he said bring a trailer will load it up. Freebie! I just know someday he's gonna come around and say that I owe him one and ask for my first born son or something.

Sweet mock uo BTW. I dig that grille in a shoebox.