Register now to get rid of these ads!

Designing a Hot Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stilmore, Nov 20, 2007.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's pretty cool. Are you lucky enough to end up with the 1/5th model?

I like the custom hot wheels the guys here made but they gotta ditch the "Boyd wheels" :D

2. stilmore

stilmore

One of the criteria was using an existing wheel from Hot Wheels. I used some creative license with that.

There were some guys asking about the build, and I will go through my photos of the build. There may be some that I can show... stay tuned this week.

I have to say that the rest of the guys that won did an amazing job! I didn't get to see their cars until they were unveiled, so that was causing a little stress. I thought it was great that every company did a design that was such a different take on the project... customs, tuners, race cars, sports cars, and even modern versions of old concept cars. I think that way everyone had something to be drawn to.

3. stilmore

stilmore

Here are a few pics from the build...

The first is a ghosted wire frame and shaded computer model of the car. The pink one is right after the body was milled in renfoam.

Attached Files:

4. stilmore

stilmore

Here are some more in final assembly.

Hope you enjoy!

-Steve

Attached Files:

5. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Wow, I saw your car at SEMA in the Hot Wheels stand and just drooled and slobbered all over it! I'm sorry. I hope that the mess I made didn't cost your the First Place prize.

Seriously, your "model" is just OUTSTANDING!!!

6. Janne

Janne