Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deperate Cruise-o help!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage Vandal, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Alright guys, about 6 weeks ago i had NOR CAL transmission in Sacramento CA rebuild my cruise-o-matic my daily driver. Two weeks later the tranny blew up. I took the tranny back and he said some clip broke during assembly. He warrantied his work and RE-rebuilt the transmission. I put it in last night and drove a few miles and everything seemed ok. Got up this morning and the car wouldn't back out of the driveway! Once it warmed up it finally went into reverse after a long time idling. The fluid is full and still looks good however i did notice a lot of tiny bubbles in the fluid when I pulled the dip stick. Any ideas? NOR CAL Transmission is fuckin useless and obviously cant do the job. So im going to try to figure this one out. Thanks in advance guys

2. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

3. 1959apache

1959apache

Well I would bring it back to them to get it fixed and tell them if they don't get it fixed you will be mentioning all of this to the BBB. Not really any help to your current situation, but hope you can get it fixed.

4. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Take it back to the shop and tell them it's not working right. So far they're warranted their work.

Try not to be so hostile and let them try to sort it out.

5. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

As long as they warranty their work, take it back until they make it right.

6. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Appreciate the replies but this guy is a complete joker. This is my daily driver that I depend on to get to work. I cant wait around for this clown "fix" the transmission again just to have it screw up on me again.

7. That happens when you remove it your self if you would have paid extra to have them remove it, the labor would be there problem, it has happened to me u try and save a couple bucks and it cost u more in time than what its worth, defective alternators etc now i make sure they test the stuff when i pick it up but u cant test a trans off the car.

8. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Doctors bury their mistakes. Of course, you're upset. But, these things happen with even the best of shops. Watch the Indy 500 and see if one, or more, cars don't even get past the pace lap. It happens.

9. Ole don

Ole don

If it finally did go into reverse, it may have been a speck of dirt in the valve body. Drive it a few days to see if it clears up. If it does, the filter has done its job. This can also happen it its a half quart low.

10. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Did you replace your converter after blowing it up? ther could be debris in the converter wich will potentially do more damage down teh road once it goes thru trans again?

11. The bubbles usually mean an internal leak....TAKE IT BACK, its under warranty....
    Don't threaten him.....Another shop will charge you full price to rebuild it again.
    YOU did flush the trans cooler and lines and replace the torque converter.....

12. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

The torque convertor was rebuilt both times as well as the cooler lines flushed. The tranny is acting exactly like it did after the first blow up.im going to give him a call and see what he wants to do about it

13. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

The tranny guy told me to drive it and see if it "cleared" up. Well, it didnt. Reverse kind of feels like its fighting itself? It feels like the E-brake is on when you go into reverse. (the e-brake is not on trust me)