Register now to get rid of these ads!

Denver, CO - where are the 3 stall garages???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie Nash, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Hoa's and city codes can be hard on us car guys especially if you work on your cars. There not bad if you keep your door closed and only park your car inside ALL the time. God forbid you make any noise. Yea it's nice to keep the neighborhood clean and the loser riff raff out but come on, these guys go way too far to control you and how you live. Good luck with the house search. The car scene here is great,always something to do.in the summer there is usually several or more events going on every weekend.

2. djbamber

djbamber
    from bandon,or

In the town we live in there is an airpark, and I have seen more than a few homes with both hangars, and garages at a good price. Might be worth looking into if there are any places like that in the Denver area. Beware of HOA's as those are nothing but a bunch of busybodies that wan't to make everyone else's lives just as miserable as theirs are! IMO

3. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

Move to the foothills......no HOA's. I have a 5 car garage, but that is because we cut the house back into the side of a mountain and the garage is below the house and is simply the outline/foundation of the house. No need for AC, it is always 10-15 degrees cooler than Denver and the berbs. The other advantage of the garage is the it never drops below 50 degrees during the winter (10 ft. below ground), so your car melts off each night during the winter. Yes there is the issue of fires......

4. ripsrides

ripsrides

I was wondering if anything still going on on colfax? I left Denver in the 80s

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

No, nothing at all for years...we used to have an event called "The Colfax Cruise," in the last couple of years, sponsored by Havana Auto Parts and the Old Car Council but it lasted only about three-four years...the event started in Aurora and ended up in Lakewood with poker stops at East HS, a couple of car dealers, Bronco's stadium and a car dealer or two and a couple of bars in Lakewood...guess the sponsors didn't make enuff money off it...!!!

Colfax is the longest 'main' street in the US ya know...???

R-

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I don't have that kind of money! But, we do make a decent living so I'm sure it will turn out ok.

Right now I think we may be focusing our search on Golden... Looks like a nice area and the brewery is there, right?!

7. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

It will be good to have you in-state, good luck with the move.

8. 35WINDOW

35WINDOW

I was raised in Golden, and it is still a great place-I think that unless you get out to the fringes of Town it will be hard to find a 3 Car (in the House I was raised we had a 2), but yes, the Brewery is there-

Great area-

9. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

I thought Woodward Ave in Detroit was the longest....

10. rickdc57

rickdc57

A few more real car guys and gals in the area is not a bad thing. We can let the rest of the world think we are shoveling snow in July! :)

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Colfax Avenue is the main street that runs east-west through the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area in Colorado. As U.S. Highway 40, it was one of two principal highways serving Denver before the Interstate Highway System was constructed. In the local street system, it lies 15 blocks north of the zero meridian (Ellsworth Avenue, one block south of 1st Avenue), and would thus otherwise be known as 15th Avenue. The street was named for the 19th-century politician Schuyler Colfax. From west to east, it starts at Heritage Road in Golden as U.S. Highway 40 and the Business Route of I-70, and continues east through Lakewood and enters Denver at Sheridan Boulevard. U.S. Highway 287 is routed along Colfax Avenue as well, which continues east through Denver and Aurora. In the eastern outskirts of Aurora, Colfax Avenue meets I-70 and the two U.S. highways follow that route eastward; the street is briefly interrupted for approximately one mile. East of E-470, Colfax Avenue picks up again as a frontage road of I-70, and at an interchange (Exit 292), Colfax Avenue becomes Colorado State Highway 36 and continues east from Aurora through Bennett to end at Headlight Road in Strasburg. Colfax Avenue cuts through Original Aurora, the city's historic core, and skirts the southern edge of downtown Denver.

Playboy magazine once called Colfax "the longest, wickedest street in America." However, such activities are actually isolated to short stretches of the 26-mile (42 km) length of the street. Periodically, Colfax undergoes redevelopment by the municipalities along its course that bring in new housing, businesses and restaurants. Some say that these new developments detract from the character of Colfax, while others worry that they cause gentrification and bring increased traffic to the area.

Stolen from Wiki

R-

12. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Hey Stevie Nash, I have lived in Golden my whole life and it is the best town to have grown up in. There is some great property northeast of Golden. Horse property and big lots and big barns. If u need any more info on Golden just p.m.me Jason

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

I grew up in Colorado and Longmont used to be THE PLACE to see really cool old cars crusing. Now I've moved out to Weld County and found 3 acres, a huge shop, and lots of space for my junk. No neighbors, but a 40 minute commute. I love it out east, because I've seen lots of usable stuff in fields, and people do sell some of their old junk without giving you the stink eye!