Register now to get rid of these ads!

Denver area Hambers HELP !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol fueler, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ol fueler

ol fueler

I'm going to be moving to Denver soon.
    I have become interested in a house -- Small house --big lot & BIG Garage in Commerce City.
    Its in the 7000 block of Cherry St. I know that Commerce City is pretty much an industrial area--thats ok with me --but what I'd like to know is it an ok place to live --- I'm not looking for an upscale place at all but I don't want a total Ghetto either.
    What say you Denver Hambers??

2. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

lots of junkyards and empty warehouses near by, I dont live there but it seems like an alright area. Its close to downtown, and the Interstates, so you can get everywhere pretty quick.

3. PM VAPHEAD, he lives there.

4. 51 wayfarer

51 wayfarer
    from DENVER

commerce city is a shit hole of a town. it stinks and lots of shady ass people live there. if you're from denver and someone says commerce city it makes you cringe. its cheap to live there because nobody wants to live there. i live on the out skirts of arvada where it used to be farm land so there are decent houses with big yards and nice garages. it may be a little more to buy but its worth it. arvada and golden are like the last suburban areas that actually have big garages and space. pm me if you need more, but commerce city is not a place you would want to live.

5. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I live in Commerce City !
    I did a mapquest search,don't know the exact area.Will have a looksee.
    It's about ten miles from me. I live in a new sub division.
    Don't listen to a guy who drives a four door 6 cylinder car.
    (relax I'm joking)
    I lived in Chicago for ten years,they have bad areas,nothing in Denver bothers me.Commerce City has many different areas.Not all wrecking yards.
    PM me anytime,if I can help ya I will.
    eric

6. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

You can also talk to "Ichoptop" on here he is in Arvada....

I pm'd you some additional info

7. colorado51

colorado51

I grew up in Colorado. That area of Commerce City probably isn't the greatest area, but it depends what you are used to.

Colorado home prices are some of the highest in the country, if the house is really cheap, there is a reason............

Keep in mind, a lot of people move here thinking its cheap to live here, which is not really true anymore either.

There is a realtor here that specializes in homes with large oversized garages and workshops. I try to find his web site for you if you want.

8. DiabloMann

DiabloMann
    from colorado

Ol Fueler, always good to have more HAMB'rs around. There's good and bad with EVERYTHING, that not only includes areas to live but, people,cars, etc...
    Good luck, you'll be close to where they have the swapmeets (Adams County) in Brighton!

9. 51 wayfarer

51 wayfarer
    from DENVER

hey vaphead didn't mean to insult your town. i know of you through people and shady isn't you. just hardly ever make it that way, i like my buble. besides there are some real ass wipes in arvada its getting to be full of yuppies in my area. used to walk the yard in my underwear until the neighbors started bitching.

10. Special Ed GT

Special Ed GT
    from Denver-ish

There was an article on CC in last week's paper. Sounds like they're putting $ into some development projects there. Getting into a reasonably-priced house with some space might be a good investment.

Hank

11. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I'm closer to Brighton then the true Commerce City.
    Housing prices to me are cheap here.
    I grew up on the eastside of Lake Washington,near Bellevue/Kirkland WA.
    Just sold my old house in Kirkland built in '57,3 bed 1 bath for more then double what I paid for a new 5 bed 3 bath brand new house here.

51wayfarer,come by sometime,or see you at Coy's Sat.AM ?
    I'll have a trailer with a Model A chassis (70's street rod) on it.

12. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I always thought Denver was a bitchin Mtn town until I went there.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Commerce City is not that bad...it's not the cleanest town, but I'd bet it is the cheapest area, in terms of housing prices around the metro area...simply for the reputation it carries.

Most of the homes out there were built in the 50's and 60's...small, with fairly large lots, the local government did not enforce codes and cleanliness of homes/lots in certain areas.

Commerce City developed a reputation as the armpit of Denver...lots of industrial and business mixed in with residential, but since the airport moved their direction, the farmland north of Commerce City (rite Vap...???) has become overvalued and tons of new houses are being built...thus giving Commerce City a much needed tax base...to do things, like clean up the older areas...7000 Cherry is in an older area...there are a lot of "immigrants", illegal and otherwise living in that area now...

It is your choice, ol' Fueler...get your realtor (or better yet, Colorado51's local realtor) to tell you the make-up of the area before you commit...

R-

14. ray

ray
    from colorado

must have sold quick, think i saw you jet out early?

15. ol fueler

ol fueler

16. ol fueler

ol fueler

I had forgotten this thread. I did end up buying , with my son, a house in Colorado. Thanks to all the Hambers for their info , but when we got a place it was closer to Winter Park than to Denver. I DID get my big garage tho, look.

Attached Files:

17. chopped

chopped