Register now to get rid of these ads!

Denmen tires? I found a neat set but how old are they?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Patdoody, May 18, 2009.

1. Patdoody

Patdoody

Found a sweet set of denmen tires at a local swap mounted on some 50 merc wheels. I browsed their website but didn't see the line I have listed on there. And the town on the tire doesn't match the current town on the website... I want to run them on my 31 rpu but am scared of how old they are... How ever they are tubeless and have no dry rot, and seem to be holding air fine...

Attached Files:

2. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

still makin tires, but those do look a lil old

3. James427

James427
    BANNED

How fast or far are you planning on driving with them?

4. ryno

ryno

i know on newer tires there is a code stamped in the form of a few digits that are on the side walls. something like the week and last digit of the year the tire was made. generly i think the rule of thumb is 7 years after the rubber starts to get bad?
    dont know if that true or not, cause im not a sciencst, or good speller!!

5. Patdoody

Patdoody

I will try to find if there is a date on them anywhere. The runner feels nice and soft still... I think they have been inside out of the sun and rain for a long while...

and as far as how fast do I plan to go on them... well I guess that all depends on how fast I can get this little truck going.

6. Run tubes in them and you should be okay, unless you plan to qualify on the pole for a road race with them.