Register now to get rid of these ads!

Delong Camshafts....any info?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by floorjacks50, Jul 19, 2013.

1. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

Hey all, I just picked up some old hot rod Ford 312 parts and in the pile is a camshaft stamped 'DELONG' in the base. There are other numbers that I'd imagine signify the grind? I searched here didn't come up with much other than he is a local cam grinder here in the Bay Area. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

Used to be in San Jose. He may not still be around - it has been years since I heard his name!

3. bigboy308

bigboy308
    from Merlin, OR

Google " John DeLong"--seems to be quite a bit of information---Some interesting stuff!!

I had a DeLong cam in an OT aircooled VW---ran very well.

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Put the word "camshafts" after his name and you will find more info even old HAMB posts.Back in the 70's I hooked up the two shops I worked at with Cal Cams they were in San Leandro later moved to Oakland,Chico the owner was a wizard.

5. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

Thanks for the info, I'll keep on digging. Seems as though he did a lot of work in the 60's and 70's on European cars. Thanks again

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

John ground some pretty good cams including the one in the Pontiac engine that i used to run 208 MPH in my Vega. John died several years ago. I think somebody took over the business. But I'm not sure.

7. Earl "EDGY" Edgerton in Santa Rosa has Delong's machine and patterns.