Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deletion of Posts

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by quick85, Dec 28, 2017.

1. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Yesterday I had two posts deleted and for the life of me I can't understand why. There
    was nothing obscene, religious or political. I didn't put the bad rap on anyone, start
    or contribute to any arguments or feature any late model cars in my posts.

If the moderators, or anyone with the power to, delete posts, take 30 seconds to let us
    know and know why. I can form a sentence and a paragraph, know how to use punctuation
    and can spell without the aid of the computer. I've also learned that there are a few who
    get a pass on whatever they post and I can live with that. Give us a break, will you?

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I deleted at least one of those that I remember. It was a pro street nova. sure the car was pre 65 but it was modified in a way that is not true to the era we are trying to portray here. I did send you a notification as to why the post was deleted. did you not get the notification? have you looked at the rules here? thread deletions are never personal and just our attempt at keeping the board on topic. 65 and older cars with era correct modifications. you will find the rules here:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Anything that gets deleted isn't personal - it's editorial.
    The notifications sometimes don't work.

Anybody that asks why - Mods can answer if specifically asked, but to take 30 seconds to send a separate Private Message to all the post that get deleted....would leave Mods no time to enjoy the HAMB ourselves.

If it got deleted - 99.9% of the time it wasn't in HAMB Hot Rod or Custom car ERA.

4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

A few of us had a discussion going and the photo was used to make a point, not to glorify Pro
    Street cars. Go through the posts and see the cars with late model wheels, cars showing air ride
    suspensions, Corvettes '68 and newer but are race cars. I know what the deal is with the H.A.M.B.,
    but everything isn't always cut and dry. Did you read the post(s) or just see the photo? I'll accept my "punishment" without complaint if things are handled fairly and equitably. Then again, I really
    don't have a choice.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hit the report button of every post you see that is off topic / doesn't fit the HAMB and Mods will delete them.
    Mods don't catch every post that doesn't belong here and we trust our HAMB members to send us reports so we can keep the HAMB on topic.

Your not being picked on, so has nothing to do with being fair or unfair.
    Fair enough ?

Thanks,

6inarow likes this.