Register now to get rid of these ads!

deleting posts

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by ozzies 57, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Do what you like on your website.

The rules for this website are at the top of the intros page.

Everyone should read them, but of course they don't. But they are there for all to see.

If you don't like the rules, don't play the game, no one is making you.

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

How many of that million members actually post anything? Not many,I'd say less than 500, probably much less.

What I keep hearing is that their is a vacuum for a site as good as the HAMB that allows stuff considered a no no here. Whoever fills that void will have plenty of traffic as it seems there is a demand for that info. That's why it keeps popping up here,but they don't realize it's not covered here. I learned pretty quick what was OK and what to not mention. Some people don't learn quick,or don't think.

Here's a suggestion, if you know a good site to send these folks to, list it. A lot of folks have an interest in more than one era and way of building, if we direct them towards what they seek, they might not be as apt to post OT stuff here.

I still think a sister site to the HAMB that OT posts could be moved to that would cover stuff we don't cover here would be a good idea. Sort of a "Next Generation HAMB".

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

978 users posted today. 41,126 users logged on.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sub Quote from above;

"Here's a suggestion, if you know a good site to send these folks to, list it."

It's called the Social Forums - right here on the HAMB
    You want to discuss Clips- Sub Frames etc... have at it.

[​IMG]
    Click on the banner - menu drops down
    5th one down......
    Social Forum
    Sub Groups
    Set it up how ever you want it.
    I bet most of you guys don't even know it's there.

Ryan made it for guys who veer off the main subject matter of Traditional ERA Hot rods and Custom Cars.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If that's okay with Ryan, I will spawn a few.

I will wait for approval, first.

6. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Ryan's good at keeping it together. Having to do this as often as he does would push me over the edge. It's like going into someone else's house and then complaining about their rules. If you don't like it, get to steppin'.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

About double as many as I thought, still a lot more folks reading than posting!

Do all those groups even work anymore cob? I joined three different ones ages ago, when the board changed to this new software, I could no longer get into them. They were still listed, just wouldn't show up, so I figured they were done away with. No great loss on my part, they were interesting at the time but nothing I couldn't live without.

I'm like most everybody else, I get tired of seeing some of the OT stuff asked time and time again by different folks. I try to think before I post anything that might not fit, but I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've screwed up a time or two myself. My wife would probably say more than a time or two!

8. I'm a member of 7 social groups.

Two are deader than a hammer,two are extremely slow and 3 are as busy as the main boards! HRP