Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deleted thread......?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Wurger, May 7, 2017.

1. Wurger

Wurger

I had a good going thread on here about a 1934 International delivery truck ( please see attached pic) and was having good conversation with the fellas on this page in regards to it. Like whether it was worth saving and about plans of running it with a modern Drive train etc... I fail to see how it does not fit these forums ESPECIALLY when I see stuff on here about the Memphis Belle.... ( just checked it's still on ) I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that a 1934 International fits any of these threads better than a B-17 E, F or G WWII bomber..... ( no disrespect to Robert Morgan) perhaps it's purely coincidental but the thread was going strong until I made mention that I was a 100% disabled Veteran and that I'm getting into the hobby full steam now that I am retired... I got quite a few "thank you's" from some of the gents on the hamb and then *poof* thread gone..... If my service to my country USA hurt some snowflakes feelings then too damn bad. I might be burning some bridges but at least the burning may potentially light our way to better managed forums. P.S I'm not trying to be a smart ass I'm being quite serious otherwise I wouldn't have even wasted my time writing this up. Thank you for your time and considerations.

V/R Nic
    IMG_3377.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I can't stand disabled veterans. I delete any and all posts those people make!

I'm kidding obviously. I can't imagine anyone more deserving of praise than someone losing any kind of ability while protecting our country. Sincerely.

So, your disabled vet standing had nothing at all to do with your thread being deleted. And I can't imagine any organization that would have a problem with that.

Your thread was deleted simply because it was off topic. We try to stay focused on traditional hot rods and customs here. And a delivery van with a modern driveline, suspension, brakes, etc.... just isn't something we cover. It's not that we don't think things like that are cool, it's just that editorially it doesn't fit with what we are trying to do.

I think there is a social group here on the forum that does however?

In any case, the B17 thread remains because I think it's an interesting sidebar.

Wurger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Wurger

Wurger

First off I very much appreciate you responding
    Rather then letting me sit in the corner. I must say however that if there are going to be thread standards of any degree that they should be followed by all ( those who follow and those who lead) and with that there should be no exceptions, anything less makes this seem more like a good ole' boys club and it doesn't make for good relationships. ( my .02 ) I'm not attempting to get banned as I do enjoy the site very much but with that being said I'd like to be able to freely and professionally voice my concerns in hopes that we can continue to make this a great place. Not one of us can be right all of time time, but if no one spoke up then we'd never know that anyone was wrong either. Thanks again for your time and considerations Ryan.
    V/R Nic

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wraymen likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This place pretty much is a good ole boys club man... We are elitists too... And don't make excuses for either. Like I said, we stay focused on traditional hot rods and customs unless something pops up off topic (like B-17s) that really interests me.

Some people can live with this form of moderation and it frustrates others. I get that... But that's how I run the joint. I don't at all try to make everyone happy.

Thanks,

Ryan

flatheadpete, 97, Thor1 and 5 others like this.