Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical DELETE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERCURYGUY, Oct 24, 2021.

1. alchemy

alchemy

If you want to make a convincing 32 5-window, you need to be aware the subrails are narrower on coupes than sedans. Leaving the wide subrails would give the body more bulge between the B pillar and the fender. If you try to use some original or even repro UPAC quarters, they won't fit right. If you are piecing it together from scraps maybe you can do extra slicing and dicing to hide the mis-fit.

Also, I have found what I think is a difference between 5-window and fordor front doors not mentioned yet. I think the front jamb parts of the door are at a slightly different angle. It all goes to the wider subrail thing. The fordor jambs make the door stick out a little more at the back. When I tried to fit fordor doors to a 5-window, I found the front jambs making contact because the back of the door was pulled in tighter. Required a slice and bend almost the whole bottom half of the door.

YMMV

big duece likes this.