Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deep in the woods South Carolina Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by realkustom51, Feb 17, 2011.

1. realkustom51

realkustom51

I had a 3 day job in Bennettsville, SC this week. Found some neat stuff. There is more in the woods. I might be going back soon and get some more pics.

Attached Files:

2. Ohio Rodder

Ohio Rodder

Love the old busses, but wow that would be a big project!
    Thanks for sharing, I'm allways amazed what is still out there!

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Man I'm diggin' those buses. I had a crazy idea once to get an old bus and go Hippy style cross country.

4. I like the bus having "STOP S.C. LAW" painted on it. Must have been owned by an anarchist school district.........

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Did you find out who the owners of the cars , trucks & busses are ? You should get one of those buses to build . Would make a nice small camper .
    Some other good parts there too but I hate to see them rotting away to nothing .
    Try to find the owners and see if they might want to part with some of that steel rotting in the woods ?
    Still a kool find down in S.C. !

Retro Jim

6. Never2low

Never2low

Definatly grab that Artillery wheel. Maybe the grill shell.
    And we all know how cool the buses are. Most of us have seen the Overhaulin with John Forces F100 bus.

7. If those GM buses have seats like these, I'd be interested in a pair.

Attached Files:

8. I think it means it's against the law to pass a stopped school bus, but I could be wrong.

9. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

That's what it means, all SC buses had that on them in the day!!

10. customcory

customcory

Can't wait till we can go back. Did he have the 58 Impala?:D

11. hotdamn

hotdamn

ill take that 36 grille:)

12. I believe this is a joke? I got it anyway!:D If those buses had bench seats, I would love to have two, if they have those bomber-style seats I would take four if they become available! PM me with a price if you get them.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

Well, I got it.

14. big bad john

big bad john

....Sure hope somebody buys this stuff before a scraper comes along...with the price of steel today...this stuff can be gone in a few days

15. ...Somebody needs to come up with a "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon when the sarcastic one :)rolleyes:) just doesn't quite get the idea across.

16. realkustom51

realkustom51

Didn't want to leave anyone hanging, sorry Ive been busy. Yes I know the guy. He says there are coupes on the hill. he wont say what years but his brother raced coupes in the early 60's. The buses DO NOT have any seats. Two of them are race car haulers and the others are parts storage.
    There is supposed to be a 58 Chev with 3 two barrels that caught fire in the 60's. I go back there in about 3 weeks and can walk all the way up the hill to the race cars. Keep you posted.
    ps. I plan to grab some of those artillery wheels.

17. 36tbird

36tbird

Damn, I clicked on this thread hoping to see pics of Hillary Fisher.:(

18. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

time to make room for alot projects.

19. newpy383

newpy383

Cool! I hope you get to take something home.

20. edweird

edweird

looks like i need to mosey on up to bennettsville............just joking.

21. screwball

screwball

I was about to say for the Carolinas I was surprised the 36s were not made into stock cars. But like you said later he had coupes for stock cars why bother with a sedan.

22. BLZEEBUB

BLZEEBUB
    from Ireland

bump; found this thread on a 'search'; clicked on Page 2 to see what lay up on the hill, but no updates since...
    Would love to see what other 'treasure' the man had -just like looking at the pics; any pics of the return vist it, if it happened??

23. customcory

customcory

Andy hasn't been back , he works on some machinery for the guy with the stuff. I'm his brother and I want him to go back so I can go.

24. realkustom51

realkustom51

Sorry for no updates on the Bennettsville find but here is my latest Florence area SC find. Just a few pics. Check out that sunvisor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Would like to have that '36 Olds.

26. sololobo

sololobo

Is the hunpback sedan an Olds? Great hood ornament on it. The buses are loades with cool parts, that backdoor would be a sweet wall hanger. The other location with that bitchen Olds sedan is crazy. My pal Hellraiser has a knockout 98 sedan in that dark blue. This one still has the beautiful sombrero orig hubcaps w/crest, so cool, not to mention the bad ass visor. What a shame to see all these being wasted. I hope something comes out good from these finds. Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

27. ....It is pretty amazing that no one has snuck in there and pilferred that stuff.

28. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

getting those buses out would be cool.. i have a 57 chevy 26' ,, it took alot of work to get it loaded on a trailer..lucky enough most of the tires where up and the brakes werent locked up..it had only been setting 20 years and wasnt sunk into the ground.

29. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I know of a 36 Olds 3 window available if interested. It's very solid and has been sitting in a barn for a while. Repainted probably 30 years ago, runs, and is 100% complete. PM me if interested.