Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decisions, decisions!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by peace love & hot rods, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hello! This is my first post and my first time on the H.A.M.B.!!
    I've heard so much about it already and I am glad to be aboard!

I am a 21 college student attending SIUC in Carbondale IL, originally from WAY up north near Rockford IL.
    I got interested in loud, fast cars when I was just a wee one, but more recently have become increasingly interested in them when I was introduced to a few great people through a friend. They are hot rod/cruiser/etc... car enthusiasts and in being around them and attending car show after car show, drag shows, and many cruise nights at local drive ins, my love for the hot rod has blossomed.

Recently, my main man and I have tried to decide on a project for me. Originally I wanted to restore and kick around in a VW Dunebuggy. Those little bugs are amazing, but soon my dream was shot down - "It'll be dangerous and you'll get smashed if you're ever in an accident." (Thanks Reed!)
    So we came to the conclusion that the 1950s-1960s VW Beetle was just about perfect for me (or at least I think so). Seeing as how it's an actual car (quite unlike the VWDB). However, we are having difficulties trying to figure out how we would get the engine in this thing. The engine is a chevy engine - a pretty big guy - and the VWB is quite a small car. I want this little baby to be a hot rod and blow my man's '52 gasser out of the water!!

If anyone has ANY information on how this would work, have any pictures or stories or ANYTHING to help me start out my LoveBug to a BugRod transformation - PLEASE don't hesitate to post to me or message me!!
    (Or message VonHartmann, either way!)

Peace & Love
    D ;)

2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

you gotta subframe it so you have something solid to mount the engine to. good luck, welcome, and be careful... alot of people here are very opinionated when it comes to what they consider a traditional hotrod, and flame people about thier posts when they think they dont fit

3. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

You're from Eugene, aren't you?! :)

Anyway, check out: http://www.volksrods.com/

You may find what you are looking for!

Go Beavs!