Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Decisions, decisions.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irish Mike, Mar 30, 2018.

1. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Don't drive either one for awhile . . . say, 6 weeks. Then ask yourself -- which one are you aching to get in and take for a spin? When you lie awake at night -- which one are you itching and yearning to be driving? (That's what Winter is like in the Midwest, only it's not 6 weeks, it's 3 to 4 months.) I've made a lot of keep/don't keep decisions this way.

Also, if I understand the values, the coupe is worth $50K-ish, while the wagon is worth $65K-ish. Personally, I would keep the coupe. Just such an iconic, sculptural, gorgeous shape. Plus you know it and trust it. And, it's black.

Irish Mike likes this.
  2. Good solution finding the storage space so you can keep both. I moved last year cross country, and had to put most of my vehicles into storage. Just find a good place and then when new house and detached garage were built i moved them home. I like your idea of moving to be able to have the extra garage.

Irish Mike likes this.
  3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If they were mine, and I had to choose, I would keep the coupe all day long. I had a '36 Ford five window that I got rid of many years ago. My mom and dad had gotten it as wedding present from my great-uncle in 1962. My folks got divorced and I got the coupe from my mom's estate after she passed away from an aneurysm at 42 years old in 1984. It needed everything and sat in storage until 1991 at which time I sold it to buy an early 70's Corvette...

Yep, I know...the 'Vette is long gone and the '36 sometimes keeps me awake at night...Good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Irish Mike likes this.
  4. MOTOV8N

MOTOV8N
    from Manitoba

...regrets? ... i got a few ...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1 likes this.
  5. mandriano

mandriano
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Player for the coupe