Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decent Tranny Shop in Riverside County CA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,
    I am in the Palm Springs area, but I travel all over socal. I need a decent shop to go through a modified 200 4R. It lost first, then second, and now reverse.

I need to get this repaired soon, so any recommendations in the riverside county, LA county, Orange county area would be great (and if you know any good shops in the Coachella Valley, that would be even better)

Thanks for your help.
    -SoBaStRace

2. HELLMET

HELLMET

there's a good trans guy in san jacinto ca. blues transmission just call 411 he's fast and knows his transmissions.

3. check these guys out for manuals and parts. http://www.200raptor.com/ tons of online info to rebuild one. if its a high mile unit the pump could be weak. if you lost 1st and reverse a sprag probably failed as they are in same drum assembly. H.P. books sells a decent manual on doing a rebuild. these are good manuals also http://www.txchange.com/atsg.htm good luck!

4. tedsrodshop

tedsrodshop

Try Luke's Transmission in Riverside. He has done lots of transmissions for me and my shop for years with no problems. I have been having them put the TCI constant pressure valve bodys in 700r4 and 200r4 transmissions for a while and it seams to help them live longer.

5. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

I am not sure what you mean by decent, but Mike's tranmission in Lancaster is the best for any modified 200R. I have had one of his Powerglides in my race car for more than a few years and it has held up to some really hard drag racing behind a 700hp 408SBF.

http://www.mikestransmission.com/index.html

IMHO

6. Thanks for the input guys. I will be pulling it out next week, and work on getting the issue resolved.

7. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Benson's Transmissions in Bloomington, CA 909 877-8311 ask for Mark. They have done 3 700r4's for me and I'm happy.

8. Satinblack

Satinblack

Being from lancaster I will say mikes is good, although i build all my own stuff. I wouldn't drive to Mike's if I lived in Redding though

9. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

so where did you end up going? ? I got a 350 its slipping real bad in drive, looking for a transmission and or a shop in o.c or inland empire.

10. superchargedill

superchargedill

Hi Guys,
    Lowell's Automotive in Fontana, Ca builds some of the fastest transmissions around and is primarily what they do. Dave Flores the owner and Von do all of the work. They have been building my race and street transmissions since 1990. Dave is heavily involved in the drag race scene and is currently sponsoring a car in the PSCA deal running in the 7's. They have a long list of NHRA Stock and Super Stock guys they build for as well. Call Dave and tell him Dilpickle sent ya 909-823-2822

11. In 1998 I took my 56 Pontiac to a guy named Hubbie in Corona on advise from Hot Rod (then owner of Hot Rod's of Norco). Hubbie is a Swedish biker/race car builder that is like 7' tall or something. He rebuilt the trans in 3 days and charged me $100 and case of beer. Plus the hot blondes roaming the property at the time wearing very little wasn't bad to look at either. Anyways, you never know, might want to try him.

http://hubbes.com/

12. Try Leo @ Remac Transmission in San Dimas, very good and reasonable.