Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decent hood lining shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Guys, just a quick question: Can anyone give me the heads up on a decent shop that manufacturers hoodlining? Am after a ready made roof lining for my 55 Century coupe. Can't buy it in Aus. ready made. I have to get it made by an upholsterer, so, I'd rather fit it myself and buy the thing ready made from the USA.

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not sure why you would want to line your hood. The heat from the engine and everything else going on in the engine compartment would be bad for it :D

3. Cheeky bugger :)
    What do you guys call it then?
    Actually I was just telling my better half that I was gonna buy one ready-made and she tells me to get off my arse and find the sewing machine.
    Looks like a trip to the fabric shop shortly...

4. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Here in the states we would call it a headliner.

5. oldolds

oldolds

It has been a while since I looked, but good old JC Whitney used to get headliners made someplace for just about any car. They came from some place that had the pattern for most cars.

6. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

yep headliner dont know any other name for it? anyways these guys have the pattern Ive not used them so cant comment on quality etc your local upholstery place should be able to copy yours?

http://www.lebaronbonney.com/headliners.htm

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

8. ok, ta guys. If it gets too tricky for us, will chase these leads up. best regards.
    peter.
    Headliner? Got it :)

9. joe--h

joe--h
    from New Mexico

Acme Headliner in Long Beach Calidfornia. Absolutely perfect match to factory headliners, visors, convertible tops. Joe H

10. BobMcD

BobMcD

Acme has been around a long time and make the headliners for alot of the other suppliers.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER