Register now to get rid of these ads!

Decent carpet by the yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marks914, Jan 17, 2013.

1. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Hi All

I'm looking for someone who has some decent carpet by the yard. The car is going to have black carpet so I want to to be on the plush side, easier to vacuum out. I ordered some samples from a couple of places but its the really short pile.

Any help would be appreciated. Here's the car:
    61 Lark 8 Wagon:
    [​IMG]

2. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Look for Dorsett carpets distributor. Aqua turf is wide,80 or 96''.Eldorado is a little nicer, same widths. Essex is deep pile ,but 36'',it may be 40''.801 black was the standard for years, pretty nice. Good luck Jack

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

There used to be an upholstery shop in Berkley. I don't know if it's still there.

This place has a location in Livonia:
    DLT Upholstery Supply
    http://www.duboisfabrics.com/

4. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah I think Ill have to find a shop and look at the carpet, there are a bunch of upholstery shops in Pontiac.

5. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

I just received my order from Auto Custom Carpets and Im happy. Shipping was very reasonable. I bought the 80/20 loop as the 50-60's cars had for $33/yd which is 80" wide.
    They had samples at a local upholstery shop. I didnt like their attitude at the shop but looked up the carpet myself.

http://www.accmats.com/

6. You should be able to buy carpet by the yard from any automotive upholstery supply,I'm sure they are as easy to find by looking in the yellow pages of your phone book.

When we were looking we found 3 supply houses within 50 miles of home.HRP