Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Death of Gary Key

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38fordpickup, May 22, 2023.

1. Northeast Alabama hot rodders will probably know Gary Key. Gary wasn't on the HAMB because he didn't do computers, but he was a top-notch paint and body man who built several really nice traditional hot rods. Gary lived at Alexandria AL and until his retirement a few years ago owned Brooks Body Shop in Anniston. He sold his '27 T roadster pickup (built from the front half of a touring) a couple of years ago, still had the last car he built that he's had for about 25 years, a full fendered '28 Model A 2 door sedan. Gary died last night about 11:30. He was 74. Don't know arrangements but will post them as soon as I know. Our daughters were half grown before they realized we were not actually related to "Uncle Gary and Aunt Wanda."

2. Sounds like one of the many unsung heroes of
    hot rods - the folks who actually built the hobby.

Sorry for your Loss

Jim

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  3. Very sorry to hear of the loss of another Hot Rodder.:( R.I.P. brother.

chevy57dude and 427 sleeper like this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to you & all of his friends- especially to his Family

427 sleeper likes this.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

God Speed you to Hot Rod Heaven , my friend

6. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I didn't know him but for some reason that name rang a bell with me. Godspeed Gary and all the best to family and friends in this tough time. Lippy

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to see that, His name used to pop up pretty often back when we had several magazines covering rod trots in the show coverage.

8. reagen

reagen