Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dean Batchelor/ Kellogg Photo Archive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Several years ago there were a couple of feature threads by Ryan about the addition of Dean Batchelors photo collection being added to the " Kellogg Auto Archive " . Pretty big hoop d do about this . It appears things have not progressed much since the announcement back in late 2009 . The original Kellogg Archive website is gone and a pending website announcement now occupies the address. A search of social media has been unsuccessful . I wanted to provide information to a photographer friend about Batchelor and Kellogg but have not been able to find anything that is current . Thinking of a dedicated Batchelor thread but I am unsure what the result will be given the state the original thread. Is anyone aware of the current Batchelor / Kellogg archive status or are able to provide social media links to relevant information ? Thanks .....

Links to original feature threads .
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/dean-batchelor-1927-1994.416152/

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/dean-batchelor-part-2.425686/

2. superleggera

superleggera

Last I heard the archive was being offered for purchase. No clue what transpired or current status of it all. Hopefully Ron or his son will comment.

Dean? Definitely would like to see more of his pictures!

Another one of interest would be Strother MacMinn.

3. quidnunc

quidnunc
    from pittsburgh

I have an interest in the early streamliners that ran at Bonneville from 1949-58. I would very much like to see what reference photos Dean took from this era. I contacted Ron a few years ago asking about the archive and what was available. Unfortunately the fee's he wants to search and/or provide copies (either electronic or hard) is truly astronomical. Maybe for someone who is writing a book and will publish a few thousand copies this is the norm. But for someone who is a casual user for his own entertainment it may as well not exist. Very unfortunate that such an important archive treasure such as Mr. Batchelor's is pretty much inaccessible.