Register now to get rid of these ads!

DD truck prep for Bonneville salt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1949 caddyman, Jul 28, 2013.

1. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

I'm going to speed week in aug. & need advice on using Pam or other products on my daily driver pick up. I'm with a race team just want to keep the truck as salt free as posible. ​

2. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

We use Pam before every run-the salt wipes off easily!

3. Casual 6

Casual 6
    from Great NW

4. PAM or any vegetable-based cooking spray. The cheap stuff works just as good.

Make EVERY attempt to stay away from the puddles if it rains! Once you drive through the slurry, all bets are off.

If you can, hit the quarter car wash or find a hose and douche off the car every night when you get back to the hotel. Respray it with PAM after it dries. Don't try to "dry wipe" the salt off because you'll scratch the crap out of the paint, possibly down to the bare metal in some cases.

Just take it slow when you're out on the salt, like you're driving your freshly-washed and waxed car down a dusty road.