Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Daytona Turkey Run Photo Retrospect

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skirv, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Great job on the pics, and thanks for sharing them- the Turkey Run is definitely on my bucket list!!!

Do you (or does anyone) have more pics or info on this speedster?

[​IMG]

2. Skirv

Skirv

Sorry Mac. I don't have any more photos. It bore the markings of a Stutz Bearcat. I think it was a replica but it looked to be old. I don't know enough about them to tell the difference.

3. Great collection of photos,,thank you for taking the time to post them all,,I'm sure everyone appreciated them as much as I did. :) HRP

4. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Thanks for the pics, I see a few cars I recognize...I actually didn't make it this year, I ended up deciding to tear up the city of Savannah instead...driving home on Sunday I saw a crap ton of cars on I-95 so that was nice to see...ah oh well maybe next year, if and when I get that shoebox up and running...Thanks again for posting!

5. Skirv

Skirv

Found another photo

[​IMG]

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I cant believe its over and I am back home in Ohio,it needs to go on all week long.

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I think my favorite car posted is that chopped black Merc with gold scallops ;)

Why the primed quarter panel?

8. jblev34

jblev34

You can say what you want about this show, but it will always be one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing the pics.

9. Skirv

Skirv

Thanks man :eek:. She just got new quarters, rockers, and floors and the whole bottom of the car and chassis refurbed. I have to do some more bodywork here and there and a couple of things before the whole car gets a repaint. PS-It looks black in photos but it's actually dark green.

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

^^^^ bad ass car also. Didn't get to meet you there. Your son was at it when I went to introduce myself. Nice ride

11. Skirv

Skirv

Thanks. He drove it to the run. I drove my coupe.

12. glassguy

glassguy

is that a reflection in the hubcap?, or did they go for the old color chrome effect? eithr way nice sled!!!

13. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I am having issues posting pics. The coupe was spot on also.

14. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Thanks for the pictures, would like to make it down there one year...

15. fitzee

fitzee

Yes great pictures.. I always wanted to build one of these..

16. Skirv

Skirv

They were stock 57 Lincoln Dave. It's just reflection giving them that effect.

17. glassguy

glassguy

wow was hard to tell... merc looks awesome bill!! but i think i woulda driven the duece too! its RIDICULOUSLY BAD ASS!!!!!

18. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

I found 2 different sets of those hubcaps in the swap meet.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. THEKID49

THEKID49

I bought one of the sets. You don't see them too often.

Nice shots Bill, too bad we only saw you on 95 on the way home. We had to crawl home cause The engine in Phipps' car was hurt. But we made it home.

20. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

image.jpg

Anyone have a picture of this entire car? Thanks, CTJ

21. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!!! Just the coverage I was lookin for.... Much thanks!!!

22. This was my first Turkey run, your pics are proof that there were some great cars there, but you really had search them out amongst a sea of off topic stuff, some of which was cool but others were downright strange.

I was impressed with the swap meet, the venue, and watching the cars cruise on Atlantic Blvd. Definately some high HP stuff runnin the streets.

23. Skirv

Skirv

I had one but lost it. It belongs to HAMB member "yaril". There are some photos on his website. Besides being on the main page, go to the projects section and it's on the list under 59 ElCamino. http://www.yarilswork.com/

24. SIC98

SIC98

Thanks for posting the pics Skirv, I wanted to say hey to you and your son, but when we pulled in Friday my alternator bearing was frozen tight, so we had to rip it off right there in the HAMB lot and I found a local guy that had one on the shelf for $77.00, so that blew Friday up, and I brought the wife and kids this year so it was all a blur of junk food and bathroom breaks! I wanted to meet Don and the boys as well but the only one of the clan I was fortunate to meet was Don Jr., I got to say hi to their rods though! Thanks again Gregg for saving the spots, we tried to keep the riff-raff out!!...Brian

25. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Man, I wish I lived in a part of the country where they had car shows like that in November. Thanks for sharing.

26. Again,thank you for posting all the great photos of ON TOPIC cars and trucks.

Refreshing! HRP

27. SIC98

SIC98

These were all the pics I got from the weekend, spent the whole time fixing the car or watching the kids, great time though and as always, can't wait till next year, I think I'll try the spring show next year, sounds like fun and you get to cruise around the track!:D..Brian

Attached Files: